advertisement

2024 local elections

Hall's ridiculous campaign is aimed at holding up the Tory vote in the outer boroughs. ULEZ opponents are a noisy and declining minority (50% are in favour of ULEZ, 31% opposed) and it's the ninth most important issue for London voters (the environment is fifth). London has the lowest percentage of car ownership in the country and only 5% of vehicles are non-compliant now.

Tory propaganda has been been surprisingly effective given how much of it is outright mendacious, but it still isn't anywhere near as big or contentious an issue as they'd like it to be.

Hall's ridiculous campaign is aimed at holding up the Tory vote in the outer boroughs. ULEZ opponents are a noisy and declining minority (50% are in favour of ULEZ, 31% opposed) and it's the ninth most important issue for London voters (the environment is fifth). London has the lowest percentage of car ownership in the country and only 5% of vehicles are non-compliant now.

Tory propaganda has been been surprisingly effective given how much of it is outright mendacious, but it still isn't anywhere near as big or contentious an issue as they'd like it to be.
I think it depends on which bit of London you're talking about.

Last mayoral election inner London was solidly Labour (except Kensington & Chelsea - no surprise) and most of suburbia solidly Tory.

Places like Dagenham and Bexley voted leave and that's where ULEZ is also big news.

I think it depends on which bit of London you're talking about.

Last mayoral election inner London was solidly Labour (except Kensington & Chelsea - no surprise) and most of suburbia solidly Tory.

Places like Dagenham and Bexley voted leave and that's where ULEZ is also big news.
Those figure are Londonwide, which is pertinent to the mayoral election as that's how the votes are tallied.

Interesting to see how the assembly seats pan out, I expect the Tories will lose West Central but majorities in their other seats are quite a lot larger.

I think more people voted for Brexit in London than for Khan in the last mayoral election (sure someone will fact-check that).

Greater London: 60% Remain, 40% Leave.

Your stat (if it's correct) is skewed by the unusually high turnout for the EU referendum.

I am voting Tory.

I agree that if you don't
vote, you lose the moral right to moan.
Voting tory is a wasted vote. People are finally waking up to their self serving, racist, horrible politics. They are cooked.

I always vote, I'm not moaning and I can't wait to see the back of this shower of stinkers.

I am voting Tory.

I thought you were distancing yourself from that racist corrupt party? Keeping your son at the trough? We all see you anyway. That you’d still vote for them even now shows exactly who and what you are.

Greater London: 60% Remain, 40% Leave.

Your stat (if it's correct) is skewed by the unusually high turnout for the EU referendum.

Had to Google:

In Greater London, there were around 200,000 more votes for Brexit than first and counted second votes for Sadiq Khan in the London mayor elections. Counting all votes for him (including those that didn’t contribute to his final win) he got 20,000 more votes.

Phew.

I thought you were distancing yourself from that racist corrupt party? Keeping your son at the trough? We all see you anyway. That you’d still vote for them even now shows exactly who and what you are.
Is it possible to moderate your language, you sound like you are going to explode.
Voting tory is a wasted vote. People are finally waking up to their self serving, racist, horrible politics. They are cooked.

I always vote, I'm not moaning and I can't wait to see the back of this shower of stinkers.
Yes they are going to get hammered in both the local and national elections.

It's sad that the fate of local councillors is decided on the performance of the government and opposition. Generally speaking the managerial ability of the local Tories is much better than that of the Labour ones.

However the Tory MPs have forgotten about Conservative values and a good clean out will be a good thing.

What's tip your vote in favour of the Tories then?
Sorry my response was badly worded.

I am voting Tory in the local elections because the quality of labour councillors is poor.

I do not intend to vote Tory in the forthcoming general election.

Is it possible to moderate your language, you sound like you are going to explode.

Yes they are going to get hammered in both the local and national elections.

It's sad that the fate of local councillors is decided on the performance of the government and opposition. Generally speaking the managerial ability of the local Tories is much better than that of the Labour ones.

However the Tory MPs have forgotten about Conservative values and a good clean out will be a good thing.
Yes we have a local tory councillor and he's very good at managing his own finances.

advertisement

Back