advertisement

Tweeters

mcai7et2

pfm Member
I picked up some cheap Rogers LS7s yesterday, not quite "speakers for the price of lunch" this time, but certainly "speakers for the price of a night in a half decent hotel".

One of the tweeters has been pushed in, and seems to have been in this contdition for a while, I am going to try and pull it out tonight, but seeing as they are old anyway (and considered the weak point of the speakers anyway - at least according to websites I have seen) I am considering replacing them.

The original usints are Celestion HF1000s, unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about these except what I can see with my own eyes. How is the best way to find a replacement for these, is it worth contacting celestion about this (Celestion stoppe making them years ago) or are there any databases of speaker info about?

Cheers,

Ed

As KEF and Celestion are part of the same group, you could try the KEF repairs section. I've found them to be helpful in the past:

Celestion Consumer Division
Eccleston Road
Tovil, Maidstone, Kent
ME15 6QP UKTel: +44 (0) 1622 687442 Fax: +44 (0) 1622 687981
Free Phone: 0800 731 3410

The other place I'd try is Macolm Jones at www.falconacoustics.com . If the tweeters aren't available, he'll know what can be substituted.

advertisement

Back