advertisement

Tweeter in Ruark Sabre Mk1

Thom PC

pfm Member
Does anybody know what Vifa tweeter is fitted in a Ruark Sabre Mk1, and whether it is a standard unit? Or alternatively, if a sensible stand-in replacement is available?

Thanks,

Thom

OK, I got word from Ruark that the tweeter is now discontinued. The model is: D25TG-85. Any ideas for a suitable replacement?

Thanks,

Thom

You could try asking PMC. They use an awful lot of these 1" Vifas. They tend to vary with face plates and chambers, but many of the domes and coils are identical and the way they make them makes repair easy.

Thom I have succesfully repaired 2 tweeters before- if you want you can send the voicecoil to me (ie separate it from the magnet/body/ 4 bolts usually) and I'll see what I can do.. can't promise a defo fix tho/ its a very fiddly job. pm me if you want.

AFAIK all of the Vifa D series tweeters employed a user replaceable voice coil/dome assembly.

Finding a supplier that still has replacements for the D25TG-85 in stock may be a problem these days though.

I'd try asking the former Dutch Vifa distributor via the form on their home page @ http://www.audiocomponents.nl/

Craig

Thom I have succesfully repaired 2 tweeters before- if you want you can send the voicecoil to me (ie separate it from the magnet/body/ 4 bolts usually) and I'll see what I can do.. can't promise a defo fix tho/ its a very fiddly job. pm me if you want.

Hi there, I have a pair of Ruark Sabre speakers (I think MK 11) One of the tweeters is dead. I bought them on e bay as fully working. Can you help?

Regards, Mark Cowan.

I think the tweeters in the sabre mk1 must be a bit susceptable to blowing . I had a pair when they first came out and had 2 tweeters go , both replaced foc by ruark after that they were fine , sold them about 3 years ago still sounding good , I would say they are worth fixing if they can be done

If the dome assembly comes mounted on a triangular plate, replacements are available from Madisound, labelled Scanspeak 600058, at a very reasonable US$12.50 each.

advertisement

Back