advertisement

TV and turntable into active monitors

richardg

Admonishtrator
I assume the easiest way is with a preamp or is there a newer hi-tech way of doing this, please?

Depending on your budget, at the lower end this might do the job - Arylic BP50 - preamp with phon9 input, optical input for the TV and Bluetooth.

What Turntable and Speakers do you have. You might find it cheaper to buy an integrated amp that has pre-outs (with phono and built in DAC) than a dedicated preamp.

Depending on your budget, at the lower end this might do the job - Arylic BP50 - preamp with phon9 input, optical input for the TV and Bluetooth.

What Turntable and Speakers do you have. You might find it cheaper to buy an integrated amp that has pre-outs (with phono and built in DAC) than a dedicated preamp.
Thanks I could go up in price. I have 7" Adam monitors with ribbon tweeters which are nice, and a Technics SL10.

How about the Emotiva PT1 preamp. These are around £500 but occasionally come up on EBay.

Otherwise you can get a three box combo from Project - Phono Box, DAC and preamp. Various levels of price available.

Budget £200
400quid
How much £11k

Budget £200
400quid
How much £11k
Thanks for the selection, so with the tangent I would need the TV to have optical out to get the sound through, right?

@richardg ALAW

Yes optical out from TV. The NAD recommendation is excellent if you fancy adding some dirac room correction. Actually it will sound great without it too, plus excellent sell on value if you fancy a change in the future. Actives are the future of hifi as witnessed by the trends shown at recent hifi shows. Ive had some genelecs recently and will be trying some Neumanns with DSP soon (desktop setup), I also run some AE actives in my living room. Im not sure I will ever go back. I use an RME dac but most dacs these days are excellent.

I assume the easiest way is with a preamp or is there a newer hi-tech way of doing this, please?
I've got a Mac Mini with an HDMI connection to my TV.
I connect my TV to a Naim NSC 222 via fibre optic.
I use the MM input on the pre-amp for a high output MC on an LP12.
This is the connected to Active ATC 50's using XLR.

@richardg ALAW

Yes optical out from TV. The NAD recommendation is excellent if you fancy adding some dirac room correction. Actually it will sound great without it too, plus excellent sell on value if you fancy a change in the future. Actives are the future of hifi as witnessed by the trends shown at recent hifi shows. Ive had some genelecs recently and will be trying some Neumanns with DSP soon (desktop setup), I also run some AE actives in my living room. Im not sure I will ever go back. I use an RME dac but most dacs these days are excellent.
Thanks for the advice. I'm circling on the tangent as it looks small and has all the connectivivity I want and is quite cheap.

MOT

Budget £200
400quid
How much £11k
Many thanks, just took a punt on the Tangent.

advertisement

Back