advertisement

Tron seven and Tron seven [s] pre amps

hifinutt

hifinutt
I think it’s just down to improvement in internal components and/or wiring. Why not just PM GT though?

I must say, Tron is one of the few brands I would consider buying for myself - beautifully built gear.

I don’t think they are made in sufficient numbers to become that well known - but yes, they probably do deserve more credit.

i am sure our resident expert topoxforddoc will be here soon to explain this question of differences in the seven pre amps ,

There are 4 versions of each model:
1. Tron Seven which was just the standard version.
2. Tron Seven Reference which a standard model but fitted with the same parts as Tron's top preamp The Syren.
3. Tron Seven Ultimate, this is basically a Reference model but with complete silver signal wiring plus a few additions.
4. Tron Seven GT, this is an Ultimate but with the GT power supply.

Note: there were major updates from 2010 where dual-mono power supplies were introduced plus a few other improvements.

The Seven range (Phono stage, Line stage, Preamplifier and DAC) was discontinued in December 2018 after being in production for 12 years. The Seven range has now replaced by the Tron Atlantic series. This new Atlantic series will be available at the beginning of May. About 600 Sevens were made, but not many were sold here in the UK. Most went to the USA, Asia and Europe.

044-157 was made in December 2008 and is basically a standard model, it was priced in 2008 at £2250
044-159 was made in December 2008 and is basically a standard model, it was priced in 2008 at £2250

I hope this helps...

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention that we still offer a full service and upgrade service to all existing Tron models, so a 2006 Tron Seven can be upgraded to the "Ultimate" version, and models post 2010 can be upgraded to the GT spec. Prices are just the difference in price between the models based on the 2018 price list.

Thanks Tron on wigwam is mine - had silver wire internal upgrade - I think the Ultimate has different capacitors as well

Apparently the genius of the Tron stuff is that he’s managed to get S/N ratios out of valve amps that are up there with really good SS amps...

The dichotomy of valve amps is that there best with really high efficiency speakers, yet they’re as noisy as a bag of spanner’s generally speaking...

advertisement

Back