advertisement

Trolling Farage

Its a shame that my 'friends' who 'someone' ordered tickets for, Biggus Dickus and Wan Kerr, may also have trouble finding rides to the event...

The Pittsburgh airport Marriott- you can just imagine...

“A spokesman for the company that booked Nigel Farage on a speaking tour for the US reports they have "miscalculated his popularity" after only 21 people turn up to the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott on Monday evening despite tickets being free”.

There was a pic of him addressing an audience of less than a hundred in one of those hotel function suites where they can pull partitions out to make the room much smaller and fuller.

Pic of the folks attending the Pittsburgh event:

E1sdlt1XIA4HNWz

Trolling Farage surely no one has ever done that before??!! :)
From my cycling club's weekly email last year......
"As an alumnus of Dulwich College, Nigel Farage occupies a rather special place in all our hearts. So I was as surprised as anyone that this week he had an entirely uncharacteristic attack of divisive populism, and penned an article for the Daily Mail opining that "Cyclists need to obey the rules like us motorists".
Indeed, you might find it strange that someone who has spent a career railing against bureaucrats would be keen to make cyclists pay "road tax" and add an enormous layer of red tape to a healthy hobby - but I for one am taking his Damascene conversion in good faith.
He complains that "thousands of cyclists" are "tearing through the lanes" in "the area of the North Downs where I live" - and that "I simply don't like them". But of course Mr Farage is entitled to his opinion - so only a truly petty person would find out in which village he lives, then hint that their fellow club members go out of their way to ride through it.
Anyway, on with the routes......."
.......and yes of course every route shared for weeks was diverted to go past Mr F's house!!!!

Trolling Farage surely no one has ever done that before??!! :)
From my cycling club's weekly email last year......
"As an alumnus of Dulwich College, Nigel Farage occupies a rather special place in all our hearts. So I was as surprised as anyone that this week he had an entirely uncharacteristic attack of divisive populism, and penned an article for the Daily Mail opining that "Cyclists need to obey the rules like us motorists".
Indeed, you might find it strange that someone who has spent a career railing against bureaucrats would be keen to make cyclists pay "road tax" and add an enormous layer of red tape to a healthy hobby - but I for one am taking his Damascene conversion in good faith.
He complains that "thousands of cyclists" are "tearing through the lanes" in "the area of the North Downs where I live" - and that "I simply don't like them". But of course Mr Farage is entitled to his opinion - so only a truly petty person would find out in which village he lives, then hint that their fellow club members go out of their way to ride through it.
Anyway, on with the routes......."
.......and yes of course every route shared for weeks was diverted to go past Mr F's house!!!!
His tone is very like his mate Tice’s mistress. Brexit Barbie was complaining loudly in the DM about too many disabled parking spaces being too close to the platforms at her local train station for her liking.

BTW, has Trump not made Mar-a-Lego available to the racist bar fly for the Florida stage of his speaking tour?

Dodgy iPhone shot- looks like a couple of hundred at very most seated in a cut down function suite-

OFrWMjC.jpg

Last edited:
Take out the hotel staff and journalists, and it’s at most a hundred who chose to go there. Not as bad as 16, but it’s hardly a resounding rebuttal of the claims either...

Farage is basically a nobody in the USA - just some Limey that Trump met once, and the Americans couldn’t give a shiny shite about Brexit one way or the other, so I really don’t know why he’s bothering. The UK is where he should be trying to capitalise on his public profile: there’s plenty of people in England who would pay to hear the guy speak.

advertisement

Back