advertisement

Trio LO-7D

Yeah, he would have been hoping for more, scruffy one with no psu is taking a risk as I've never seen the psu for sale on its own.

Collection only wont help either.

I was going to buy on Chili's one but figured I'm as well sticking to my SP10 Mk II.

He was after 5.6k total. Bummer that it/both went for what they did - I was really tempted but who knows what the other party would have gone up to...?

I seriously looked at the L0-7D when I bought my current Sony, however nice it was, the Sony was a step above, so was my Transrotor. They are nice, but not £5K nice, seeing as you can get a SP10 Mk2 for a lot less and it's at least as good as the L0-7D.

I consider the Sony PS-X9, Pioneer P3a, Nakamichi TX-1000 and Denon DP-100 as better tbh.

The seller got his fingers burnt.

Go and have a look at his other items now.. all the other parts for it are listed...!

I do tend to agree, if he listed it for a high price, someone would have folded.

It’s single ‘ding’ was in the most obvious place. I think this made quite a difference to the final price. Unless it was a bit of cornflake on my screen of course…

He got over £3k for arm & t/t: probably a fair reflection on UK pricing.

The DS-20 and TS-10 should do well. I'd certainly be bidding if I didn't already own them.

They are nice, but not £5K nice, seeing as you can get a SP10 Mk2 for a lot less and it's at least as good as the L0-7D.

I consider the Sony PS-X9, Pioneer P3a, Nakamichi TX-1000 and Denon DP-100 as better tbh.

I've heard an SP10 Mk 2 against my L-07D (but different arm, though same Micro Seiki lineage): no contest, the L-07D was far more engaging. Now an SP10 Mk3 might be an interesting comparison...

The other turntables mentioned - all classics - may well be better, but they also fetch far more money on the 2nd hand market. The one I covet is the Pioneer P3a. I admire the Nakamichi but the electronics do contain certain unobtanium parts.

advertisement

Back