advertisement

Trio LO-7D

Last one I saw sold for £1750 but I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for more as it's on eBay

Interesting - he may well be a member.

always a shame when things get split, though I appreciate they'll make more that way...

are they as good as their reputation?

never owned or even seen one.

I'm watching the auction but only because I know what the seller wants for the whole lot.

The one that I almost went for in 2019 sold for 1750 but was a bit tatty and the widow didn't have it advertised very well so it took agreed to sell as I think everyone thought it was a scam, in the end it was genuine but 100s of miles from me so I had to pass on it. There was also a French sale of one around the same time but it had bits missing, much the same price. But with all things obsolete collectable the price only goes one way.

Edit: I've seen the peripheral ring go for £700-800 on its own

I too know what he wants for the lot - more than I imagined - risky thing leaving something like this to the market on eBay.

Splitting a deck like this is a very risky strategy IMO. I can’t imagine many wanting an incomplete example and he runs the risk of being left with one part. It is very different to asset-stripping a Linn as they are so commonplace.

This seems to be what he does - buys up kit and sells the bits to maximise his profit. I've seen numerous TT's sold as bits by him over the years.

In Europe and Japan, these can go for £3.5 -4K complete - if in top Nick. They seem to fetch less in the UK.

What I can say is that they’re worth it: there isn’t anything new at the price to touch one for build and SQ - IMO of course. You should hear one with a Dynavector DV507 mk2 arm too...

Splitting it into two auctions is a guaranteed way to get bidders highest bid early as they surely want both items so will bid high to guarantee winning both??

advertisement

Back