advertisement

Tricord Dino MK3 Vs vetere phono 1mk 2

Subharmonicon

pfm Member
I'm running a Dino MK3 with NCPSU with an at oc9 ml/ linn koil and have been looking at something different hence the vetere phono stage. What are folks views on them?

I run a Tom Evans Microgroove plus and an old Groove. Both were quite a lot better than the Dino which always seemed pedestrian sounding to me - a bit safe and undynamic.
I haven't heard the Vertere, but it has a very good rep.

Well the Vertere looks like an impressive bit of kit, I doubt you'll be disappointed with it.

But you could also try a different cartridge, the OC9 was not a cartridge I particularly warmed to when I had one, it's an incredible tracker and very detailed, have you thought about trying one of the AT33 range?

Well the Vertere looks like an impressive bit of kit, I doubt you'll be disappointed with it.

But you could also try a different cartridge, the OC9 was not a cartridge I particularly warmed to when I had one, it's an incredible tracker and very detailed, have you thought about trying one of the AT33 range?
The cartridge is only a year old so not looking to change that till I've put all the hours on it.prob go dynavector after that though.

Go for the Vertere then, I have heard it at a show, so hardly conclusive perhaps, but seems an impressive performer.

The cartridge is only a year old so not looking to change that till I've put all the hours on it.prob go dynavector after that though.
If you‘re aiming at a Dynavector cart next and you go low output the P75 Mk4 would be a good shout, in PE mode it’s a cracking match.

Another stage to look into is the Trilogy 906, I’ve had all combos of Dino+PSU 1,2 and 3, given the choice Dino 3 or 906 I‘d take the Trilogy.

If you‘re aiming at a Dynavector cart next and you go low output the P75 Mk4 would be a good shout, in PE mode it’s a cracking match.

Another stage to look into is the Trilogy 906, I’ve had all combos of Dino+PSU 1,2 and 3, given the choice Dino 3 or 906 I‘d take the Trilogy.
I have a p75 on another system with a 20x2. Sounds smooth but I really want a step up

I have a p75 on another system with a 20x2. Sounds smooth but I really want a step up
I went to Cyrus Sig + PSX and Luxman EQ-500 stages to get a noticeable enough improvement. Both a good bump £ wise on your Dino rig, not sure you’ll get a lot better than it around your budget, more different flavours/improvements in certain aspects.

Me and my mate recently compared 3 different Phonos against a Vertere 1 mk2. One was always gonna win but rank was..
1. Aurorasound Vida
2= A.N.T Kora
2= internal phono on Luxman integrated
4. Vertere1
Previously I used to own a Trichord Dino & acknowledging memory can be deceiving the Vertere seemed very similar

Thanks for your comments and ideas on these phono stages guys. Just to throw something in I saw the EAR Yoshino phono box, I'm notnscar d of tubes having had an audio research line stage years ago.this phonostage would be a very different beast to the vertere and tricord. There is so much choice out there these days.i want to buy this time a unit that I'll keep a long long time

I have the Lejonklou Entity which is rather good. I also have a Microgroove+ X mk2.5 which is also rather good, and which I might like a bit more than the Entity, but alas, ever since our apartment building got a set of three mobile network antennas on the roof, the Microgroove picks up a lot of noise, unless I completely wrap it in aluminium foil.

The Qanon-chic wasn't doing it for me, but it took some tries to get a worthy alternative to the Microgroove, which is really worth trying out. Especially the plus variant - mine started out as a regular X and was factory upgraded to plus-spec.

advertisement

Back