advertisement

Transport for Rega DAC - Hiface or soundcard?

ThELiZ

pfm Member
Hi guys,

Just after a bit of info. What would be best to use as a transport from my PC to Rega DAC? I was always under the impression that bits are bits, and as long as I got the signal to the DAC, all is well and good. I've heard that coax is preferred to optical. Being that my mobo only has optical out, shall I get a Hiface or Asus Xonar soundcard?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Keith, many thanks for your offer. What are your experiences with transports? Are they worth it?

Well you have to use something, I wouldn't expect there to be much difference sonically between the HiFace and a good sound card, an ordinary computer is fine, just make sure you have bit perfect output, (anything past XP ) that's it.
Keith.

Thanks, Keith. I really appreciate your comments. I think I will try a 2nd hand xonar that supports ASIO 2.0.

Cheers,

Adam

Also check the JKenny offerings - I was very impressed with his design a few years back at a Dublin bake off.

Richard

There's no point in messing with the connection to convert it to usb because the rega doesn't do async.

The rega works perfectly well via usb or spdif.

A transport is a source of data. Surely the pc is the transport? There's nowt wrong with optical connections.

There's no point in messing with the connection to convert it to usb because the rega doesn't do async.

The rega works perfectly well via usb or spdif.

A transport is a source of data. Surely the pc is the transport? There's nowt wrong with optical connections.

Agreed, and the rega is a great dac!

advertisement

Back