advertisement

Transparent DACs.

The remote will be controlling the volume and allowing me to switch between sources. I mainly listen to Spotify and stream it from my Mac to my Apple TV, which will be connected to the DAC, as will my Humax Foxsat sat box and Blu-Ray player.

In that case the only option that springs to mind is the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus. It has the desired inputs with remote switching and also a remote controlled volume control but it is twice your desired price.

In that case the only option that springs to mind is the Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus. It has the desired inputs with remote switching and also a remote controlled volume control but it is twice your desired price.
Yeah I realise it's unlikely I'll find one with a remote within budget. The thing is if I'm going to be spending north of €400 I may as well buy the speakers next up the ladder in the range that come with a built in DAC.

I could always buy a used AV receiver and use that I suppose, it would be easy getting one within budget, but they're very big and a bit fugly.

advertisement

Back