advertisement

Transatlantic Sessions

Mullardman

Moderately extreme...
This has probably been asked before, maybe I've asked before, but what the hell. A few yrs back Ch4 did a series called 'The Transatlantic Sessions'. It featured stunning collaborations by such luminaries as Emmylou Harris, Kate and Annie McGarrigle, Iris Dement, Aly Bain etc. I patiently awaited the album which always accompanies such progs, but it never apeared. I'm assuming that something like 'contractual obligations' prevented a release, or maybe they just couldn't be arsed. Since then I've found that there are some pale imitations called Transatlantic Sessions 2, or whatever. Which don't really appeal.

What I'd like to know is are there any bootlegs? Did anybody get the series on video with decent sound? etc. etc.
Mull

Sorry, no, but I sympathize. We have a program called Austin City Limits that features some amazing acts (established as well as up-and-coming). The performances have a limited broadcast lifetime; once they are aired and re-run x number of times (x=3, IIRC), they are gone.

I have some shoddy and failing VHS copies of some of those; I'm wearing holes in the tape of several. I will miss them when they're gone.

Autin City Limits artist anthology

advertisement

Back