advertisement

Traders: Millions By the Minute

I found it funny, but sad.

Dreamers who have no clue, and no chance.

I dont like the idea that the BBC make programmes about these kind of people. They search out idiots, set them up and then ridicule them. More garbage TV.

I only caught up with the first episode on iPlayer and thought the professionals were sad enough let alone what I assume episode 2 shows.

In epsiode 1, I liked one traders comment that when he'd had a bad day of loses he used to have to go out and buy something. Interesting psychology behind that comment. He's basically saying that he's spent is day trying to make money without actually contributing to the real physical world with nothing to show for it. Going out and buying something physical basically gives him something to show at the end of the day otherwise they'd feel they'd completely wasted their time.

Episode 2 rammed home the message, you too can get rich with a bit of day trading on the side. The word often repeated was "discipline", which was reinforced by the OCD Mr 4% body fat and his "six figure" Porsche. All you have to do to get rich is be "disciplined", look at the charts, decide if the market is about to go up or down and then put on a trade. Simples! Time for some new trainers or a flash car!

The biggest surprise was that it wasn't sponsored by City Index, CMC Markets or similar as it was verging on pure infomercial for retail day trading.

advertisement

Back