advertisement

TP products and custom issues

Maxbertola

pfm Member
Hi,

I'd like to know the experience of those who have bought from TeddyPardo and their purchase has 'not passed under the radar' and they have had to follow the clearing operations at the local custom.

Just to know what to expect. I have a TXPS at the custom in Milano and it looks like it won't be a quick thing. The TC has passed instead, and was delivered today.

Experiences?
Thanks

M

I didn't think imports from Israel were subject to import or VAT duty as they are a federated member of the EU.

So Teddy has told me, too. Yet, one of my purchases is held at the custom in Milano and they asked me for proof of payment and so on. But I also think there is no import tax. But I am ready for battle...

M

Yes, I think so too. They'll probably ask me for IVA (VAT). But I wasn't complaining, Teddy is being as usual accurate and helpful. It was just though luck, one box passed, the other didn't.

Dealing by telephone with a woman at the Postal Custom Office has been an ordeal enough. I am confident that the TXPS will compensate for this.... I wouldn't wish such an experience to my worst enemy.

BTW, I wonder, who's my worst enemy..? Who's on first? Hu's on first. That's what I was asking, who's on first? Hu... The one who's on first, what's his name? What's his name is on second.

And so on.

Dealing by telephone with a woman at the Postal Custom Office has been an ordeal enough. I am confident that the TXPS will compensate for this.... I wouldn't wish such an experience to my worst enemy.

BTW, I wonder, who's my worst enemy..? Who's on first? Hu's on first. That's what I was asking, who's on first? Hu... The one who's on first, what's his name? What's his name is on second.

And so on.

The Italian customs/post are known to be the worst of all. We get complaints from many Italian customers, and if you look on ebay you'll see sellers that will not ship to Italy. Fortunately it's not the case with most other countries.

Saying that, if I understand correctly, even in Italy you still got the TeddyCap without any issue and no VAT, so not that bad after all... ;)

Teddy,

complaints about Postal customs are one thing, sellers who don't want to ship to Italy is a completely different one. For what I know, the woman on the phone was only doing her proper job – controlling the flow of goods; sellers who – like an English a**hole I had to deal with a few weeks ago, who stated he wouldn't ship to Italy but felt obliged to specify that he had Italian friends and loved my country, poor idiot – refuse pre-conceptually to deal with another country are simply poor idiots.

Italian Posts have never lost a single item of mine; I have been refunded shipping costs when I had a right to; I have had courteous and informative replies on the phone. This notion of yours that Italian Postal Customs are 'the worst of all' has not a iota more base and credibility than the notion that your regulators are the most silent of all. So please, if you happen to wish that I retain the consideration I have for you and your work – which, BTW, have costed me almost €1400 for now, so not a free endorsement – I kindly ask you to stop this National generalizations, which I hate.

I'll be more than happy to acknowledge the quality of your work, or I'll feel free to send it back if not fully satisfied; I respect the commitment you put in your work. But don't behave like an Englishman, I'm fed up to the neck of people answering 'sorry only UK shipping', which I have never ever had as a reply from any other EU sellers. Oh, I forgot – English have never been really European..

Best Regards
Massimo

Yes, today I'm in a bad mood. But please let's avoid any discussion implying National stereotypes because I am not a good person when it comes down to nationality and national stereotypes.

Nothing with you personally. Yes, I've got my TC free of VAT, but they have my invoice so nothing – and no-one – can guarantee I won't be charged for everything on second inspection. I won't complain about it, though. I pay my taxes, and don't complain about it.

M.

I'll be more than happy to acknowledge the quality of your work, or I'll feel free to send it back if not fully satisfied; I respect the commitment you put in your work. But don't behave like an Englishman, I'm fed up to the neck of people answering 'sorry only UK shipping', which I have never ever had as a reply from any other EU sellers. Oh, I forgot – English have never been really European..

Best Regards
Massimo

You do realise that in the above quoted passage it is you who are making racial slurs and sweeping generalisations - the very things you complain about!

I could make a generalisation and say that when I sold a TT to someone in Italy and sent it tracked it got all the way to Rome and vanished off the face of the earth.

Or the time my company paid Telecom Italia a lot of money to install a network PoP for us and they said the equipment was broken, we sent another set and they said this was also broken. My company then sent me to italy and I arrived to find both sets of Cisco still sealed in their boxes. I then decided to install it while I was there and managed to get about 3 hours work per day out of the engineers as they kept skiving off.

ps - the train from the airport didn't run on time so that's another stereotype out the window.

When I ever bought a product from Teddy I always factored in the VAT. So my purchasing decision was based on cost plus VAT & shipping.

If I got lucky, which I did on all but one occasion, then I got my goodies at less than I was expecting. win, win...

Teddy shipped my XPS to The Netherlands (took 3 days to reach NL), payed 218euro for the customs duty, after the package was delayed almost 2 weeks in the customs office....

I don’t see why being critical of a countries postal system becomes an attack on the whole country and culture. I shipped an item to Italy and it took ages to arrive and all the delay was all once the parcel had arrived in Italy. Face facts your postal system sucks but your people are great.

but your people are great.

46BEB75900000578-5122601-image-a-86_1511817291713.jpg

Boris the Brit:
methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fabda82ba-a313-11e8-a5b5-ff7db6a467c1.jpg

Well, the sellers who won't ship to Denmark, Italy or whatever, do not sell anything to those countries.

I always make sure to have money for VAT etc. when I buy from outside the EU. No problem.

But don't behave like an Englishman, I'm fed up to the neck of people answering 'sorry only UK shipping', which I have never ever had as a reply from any other EU sellers. Oh, I forgot – English have never been really European..

Sellers prerogative. If they cannot be doing with the hassle of shipping out of the UK - their choice. I recently had very good correspondence with a buyer in Spain, and other than getting the address correct within the postal system, things went fine.

I'm very careful regarding treating people equitably, with respect, and without generalization. Your comments can easily be taken as offensive.

I'll get over it. Facts are facts. Equity, respects and generalizations are commendable, but partly subjective.
Max

advertisement

Back