advertisement

[FS] Townshend Seismic Isolation Podium (pair) size 3: Suitable for 45-100kg speakers

Pelham

pfm Member
One owner (me), purchased new in June 2020. Good contition from smoke-free home. These are the size 3 platforms and the supports are designed for speakers between 45-100kg weight. 50 x 38 cm. I used them with large floor standing speakers at 80KG per speaker for three years. They improved upon the spikes that I used before then providing more separation and a slightly deeper sound system.

These items are near perfect condition, having sat in our best room on the floor for 3 years and not moved. I will upload images asap.

Price: Firm at £1250 with £50 going to support PFM.

Collection from Bath in South West UK is possible.
Will post worldwide at cost.
Payment by bank transfer please.

General product information:

I am sure that you know what you are talking about if you are here but here is some information about the product:

Rigidly spike or cone mounted speakers transmit energy into the floor radiating vibration throughout the room and ultimately, through your rack and into your equipment. This seriously degrades performance as described above. Spike and cone mounted speakers cause the whole room structure to vibrate, often resulting in an unrealistic boomy bass whilst masking subtle detail. Further, this unwanted structural vibration can seriously irritate your neighbours.
Each Podium platform utilizes Townshend’s innovative ‘Captive’ Load Cell technology to provide a stable four-square footprint that extends well beyond the perimeter of the speaker cabinet. This also allows easy fine levelling adjustment of each Load Cell via a rotatable top cap while, on the bottom, is an adjustable foot to compensate for out-of true floors. The tough black steel platform has a large area treadplate that accommodates any shape of medium to large speaker or sub-woofer, with or without spikes. The Seismic Podiums are suitable for wood, tile or carpeted floors. Total speaker height is increased by only 20mm (3/4”).

The secret is to fully float your whole Hi Fi System independently from the speakers and the floor. Townshend have devised a complete solution that to allow this to be done in an optimum way.

Seismic Load Cell™

The key component is the Townshend Seismic Load Cell™. The Seismic Load Cell™ consists of a high quality alloy steel compression spring surrounded by a flexible synthetic rubber jacket with two end plates. Screw threads in each plate facilitate height adjustment and provide attachment points. A movement-sensitive, air-resistance damper rapidly dissipates low frequency oscillation caused by disturbing the suspended equipment. Seismic Load Cells™ are very ‘soft’ and allow free movement in all three dimensions; up/down, left/right and back/forth. This unique solution blocks all deleterious vibration from 3Hz upwards and from all directions. As the frequency increases, the isolation gets progressively greater, ensuring that virtually no vibration can pass from and to the suspended equipment. As each hi-fi component is isolated, the sound progressively improves.

Floated on Seismic Isolation Podiums, speakers are freed from the ever-present seismic activity and room/floor interactions that seriously degrade sound quality. The result is simply magical, allowing listeners to hear into their favourite music in a way they were never able to previously. When under your speakers, they will give you immediate improvements in overall sound by preventing speaker generated vibration from entering the floor and sound from entering your speakers. By eliminating the resonance between the speaker-cabinet mass and the floor, the sound will be noticeably clearer, much more tuneful, controlled and natural. Bass boom is significantly reduced and there will be a far larger, much deeper and wider sound stage. The sound becomes natural and more enjoyable.

The Seismic Podium is the optimum solution for comprehensive speaker support on a grand scale. Whether as part of a professional installation or domestic one, the Seismic Podiums command ultimate support for your speakers and sub woofers, with no compromises. They will give you an unprecedented performance.

* Produce a wider and deeper sound stage.

* Enhance clarity throughout the whole frequency range.

* Eliminate structure-borne feedback between the speaker and vibration sensitive equipment.

* Improves bass definition

* Allow for neighbour friendly high level listening.

* Eliminate irritating boom caused by coupling through the floor to adjacent rooms.

* Sold in sets of 2 for a pair of speakers

Good on you for donating. StereoNET in Australia has now made it compulsory to pay 4% on a sale.

Thanks for kind words...we're not quite there yet...and thanks for patience. I usually keep every single box, but for some reason, not these!! I had one earmarked but it wasn't good enough and ended up at 35KG, so need to re-pack individually. Waiting for this morning's amazon delivery with replacement boxes. Fingers crossed.

Thanks all for interest. Sale complete. Paypal donation made and I hope buyer is very happy with new stands.

advertisement

Back