advertisement

[FS] Townshend Rock/Excalibur/Merlin

lencotweaker

Mostly dreaming of record players
For Sale is my Rock II with Excalibur tonearm and Merlin PSU.

It’s in good condition and working great. The Merlin has been recapped and some of the power resistors replaced. I set the PSU up to run on a lowish output voltage to the motor to reduce motor vibration to minimum I can so the platter needs a little push to get the platter going which it gets anyway when you screw the clamp down.

These are hugely underrated turntables and give top tier performance. The tonearm is good enough to take a high end cart too. Comes with a bottle of silicon for the trough.

I’ll list this as a package with a package price first to see if there are any takers as is. Otherwise I’ll split it up for more.

£1000 collected (it owes me a lot more than this!).

Isn't it already a classic?

If I didn't already have a Rock hooked up to a Linn Lingo I'd be tempted.

No idea how the Excalibur would compare with my J7 maxed out RB250 but the newer version of the Excalibur is based on the Rega arm so Max must have rated it.

It's certainly better than the LP12/Ekos II/Troika I used to own and which it used to share the Lingo with.

Certainly well worth the asking price.

Please express interest in the thread if there is something specific you want from this set. I may split.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back