advertisement

Townsend Isolda speaker cable with naim

The base cable that Townshend use is Goertz/Electrofluidics which has high capacitance/low inductance. Townshend, however, add a "network" to their cable which improves stability (I presume acts as or is an inductor). Isolda should be fine with newer Naim amps which I believe have less of a requirement for added inductance and I guess should be ok with older Naim amps which would become unstable when used with low inductance cables.
Regards,
Jim

Yes, as I understood it, Townshend Isolda has a Zobel network built into it which means it is compatible with chrome and olive Naim gear (though Naim presumably left this network out of their amps in the first place for a reason).

Build a high capacitance cable upsets many good amplifiers, then whack an inductor onto it to counter the capacitance.

Oh dear.

Build a high capacitance cable upsets many good amplifiers, then whack an inductor onto it to counter the capacitance.

Oh dear.

Yes, it does seem a bit arse about face - but that's the wacky world of hi-fi for ya :).

I use Isolda with my Nait XS and it's never complained ( at least, no bangs, no warning lights, no smoke coming out of the top etc.)

I used Isolda for a long while with my 135s and was very happy

and neurotic as anyone walked anywhere near it - crease = short = blown amp

It left when Larry made me an offer I could not refuse

Dave

advertisement

Back