advertisement

Totem - What? How?!

I've owned two pairs of Mites and were amazed at the sound from such a small box. Only Boenicke W5 have sounded better to me in such a small size and look how much they cost.

I'd be intrigued to hear larger/high end Totems . Anyone got some and compared them with others in the price bracket?

i have a pair of cherry high gloss Forest Signatures,fabulous looking pair of speakers!.
they replaced a pair of cherry "normal" Forests..
i traded these in against the Signatures and was very happy with the deal,my originals had increased in value since purchase :).
they don't dominate a room with their small footprint and love being driven quiet or loud.

i have a pair of cherry high gloss Forest Signatures,fabulous looking pair of speakers!.
they replaced a pair of cherry "normal" Forests..
i traded these in against the Signatures and was very happy with the deal,my originals had increased in value since purchase :).
they don't dominate a room with their small footprint and love being driven quiet or loud.

I’d love to see a photo - I was debating between the cherry and the mahogany.I now have my eye on the high gloss white to add to my collection:)

I guess "Tonsil" must mean something different in Polish than it does in English?
Being Polish, I can tell you it's a made up word. The "ton" bit means the same as "tone" in English. "Sil", though, is truncated "silnik", Polish for "engine". Apparently, they produced engines there for some time after WW2. The name was itself was invented in 1960.

I bought a pair of Mites because I was curious about Totem and they looked nice. Stunningly good. I imagine the cost is a function of low volume and hand-assembly in North America.

I really enjoy my Totem Arro.
They are a bit fussy with the amplification, but an integrated from Rega, Naim, Exposure, NAD (for exemple) are enough. Also careful placement is required, in my experience.

Count me as another fan - every model I’ve heard has been very impressive.

I’d still love to hear a pair of Shamans.

Not surprising really. But a good find and I’m jealous that I don’t have the skills that you have to recover these things.

me too. My retirement wish is to learn some basic electronics (potentially dangerous I know!) so I could fix things like this

Back to Totems, I’ve no idea about the ingredients that go into the Totem cake but the final results are superb IME. I’ve owned Mites and loved them - super sound for their size and very neutral.

Two brands/models of speakers have always fascinated me (as in wanted to buy but difficult to justify). One was Boenicke (which I now have and love - better than Totems but so they should be at the price), and Mani-2 by Totem. The reviews are amazing but they are expensive and quite rare (and look as though they need a meaty amp?)

I might start a new thread on high end Totems for any owners round here…..

Totems are highly regarded over here in the US but if a manufacturer can save a penny on any given component, they sure will.
Most electronic components (resistors, capacitors, etc) will outlast the manufacturers' warranties and that's mostly what counts!

advertisement

Back