advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

He thinks he should have got away with it and he believes it is right to threaten those who tell the truth.

This was Dorries reaction to the initial investigation by the parliamentary standards commissioner (a civil servant) into the non declaration of her fee from Celebrity jungle programme thingey:

“I should inform you that I feel your report amounts to a witch-hunt and I have forwarded it on to legal professionals for further advice regarding my position in relation to the committee and you personally," she wrote.

"You are choosing to use a vexatious complaint made against me to reinforce your 'on the hoof, make it up as you go' policy. I will not tolerate that or any report which invokes libellous negative coverage against me as a result and will not hesitate to pursue you personally should that be the case."

She later had to apologise unreservedly to the House.

I suspect Zahawi's sacking now is an attempt to avoid the scrutiny of the unsecured loans to purchase his property portfolio. Secured loans have a paper trail, unsecured could come from anywhere.

Major's govt (the last tory govt before this one) was the previous high water mark. Tory sympathisers ok with theft, corruption, lies, vexatious legal procedures etc ad naus, see p94. Well, see 94 pages worth.

FFS! Will you please stop with the deflection?
You know perfectly well that no previous govt. in modern times, much less any Labour govt., has come close to the levels of corruption we are witnessing now.

Quite possibly very true. We’ll never really know however as the big difference now is that it gets highlighted and communicated.

Is Zahawi's reluctance to apologise because he doesn't want to admit any wrongdoing for any potential criminal case?

Tax is for little people, he’s not a little person so he hasn’t done anything wrong to apologise for.

There's that, but even the usual non-apologetic apology ("sorry if it caused distress / offence / upset") was absent.

He doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong. This is normal behaviour for the super rich.

Yes, get that, but I was asking if anyone thinks I think if there's potential criminal proceedings, which may be another reason for the wording of his reply.

The interesting point for me is not whether what Ponty’s saying is bullshit or not. It’s that it may well be the way a significant number of people think. Power corrupts, sort of thing. So they’re all bad, or would be given the chance. None of them are angels. Maybe the tories are worst, but they’re all corrupt.

There is a lot of Conservative corruption, no one will argue with that, but it may not have too much of an impact on how people vote. Do the British care about money scandals? A French friend says not - she says that in France people care about money scandals but not (legal) sex scandals, in England it’s the reverse.

This was Dorries reaction to the initial investigation by the parliamentary standards commissioner (a civil servant) into the non declaration of her fee from Celebrity jungle programme thingey:

“I should inform you that I feel your report amounts to a witch-hunt and I have forwarded it on to legal professionals for further advice regarding my position in relation to the committee and you personally," she wrote.

"You are choosing to use a vexatious complaint made against me to reinforce your 'on the hoof, make it up as you go' policy. I will not tolerate that or any report which invokes libellous negative coverage against me as a result and will not hesitate to pursue you personally should that be the case."

She later had to apologise unreservedly to the House.

Everything Dorries says these days is pretty much a copy/paste of Marjorie Taylor Greene.

I see Dorries now has a paid grift on GB News, Talk TV or somesuch. First gig is “interviewing” Britain Trump. She’d be perfectly at home on InfoWars, not that there is much difference. Absolutely batshit crazy and as such the perfect spokesperson for the modern Conservative Party.

Everything Dorries says these days is pretty much a copy/paste of Marjorie Taylor Greene.

I see Dorries now has a paid grift on GB News, Talk TV or somesuch. First gig is “interviewing” Britain Trump. She’d be perfectly at home on InfoWars, not that there is much difference. Absolutely batshit crazy and as such the perfect spokesperson for the modern Conservative Party.
her next guest Zahawi on how his family has to go into hiding over how a newspaper described the truth catching up with his lies and threats. He too is a victim. Nadines a lower level grifter ( sharing her netflix login with friends and family- skint or just tight?) so she’ll be after an invite to dinner with Zahawi and his set but I can’t see Mrs Zahawi wearing it.

Labour showed they were very far from grift-free in the expenses scandal with at least one MP ending up in jail as I recall.

That said, even as a non-Labour voter who detests their authoritarianism, nationalism and moral cowardice, I don’t view them as an organised crime syndicate the way the current Tory and Republican parties so clearly are. Bottom line is Labour are absolute shite, but they aren’t actually a fascist oligarch kleptocracy, and there is zero doubt that is what is in power right now.

The guy that did all the heavy work on this was interviewed on Times radio this afternoon. He said there is another revelation, similar but not as much money involved coming out in a few days. When asked for any clues as to who he just said
It’s not a Tory.

advertisement

Back