advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

Yes, it`s hard to imagine that even Badenoch or Mordaunt really believe they could turn things round at this point and anyone who takes over and loses is out as well but I suppose there is no limit to some peoples self delusion and general stupidity.
I think the Tory front bench view is now a version of Andy Warhole- everyone will be prime minister for 15min before the election.

Sunak on Sky news saying that cutting the money going to people on Welfare is somehow a means to benefit those on Welfare.

Such absurdism would be funny if it wasn’t echoed by Labour.

I saw it. He comes across as such a spiv/con-artist, it is obvious everything is just grift to him. The persona of a highly agitated cocaine-fuelled 1980s timeshare salesman.

Not sure about that, in the 2019 election he got more than 3 times the votes of the Labour candidate and a by-election would cost a lot of money for a very short time and likely return another Tory anyway which would defeat the purpose of his action.
Yes, but he could have just resigned the Tory whip and served out his time as an independent. No need to cross the house. It actually undermines Labour, just see upthread.

advertisement

Back