advertisement

Topping or Muse TA2021

georgeeasten

pfm Member
I have been looking for a few days now and I just can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I have settled on Muse or Topping (those having had slightly better reviews) but can't decide between them.

Does any one have any experience of either and can anyone tell me why the Topping is £10-£15 more expensive?

Many thanks in advance

george

Be very careful. I'm asssuming you are proposing to buy one or other of these from China or Hong Kong off ebay

I did the same and now have two Muse Mini DAC Amp boxes in my "things to look at one day box" which have come from the same ebay source. (One was a replacement supplied by the ebay vendor at no cost) Sadly both have serious faults which result in either no sound or serious hum on one or both channels after a while of listening and I will not trust connecting them up to any prized speakers

If you go for one or other Test them thoroughly on an old pair of speakers before you connect to anything you vlaue. Good luck

I eventually bought a discontinued new old stock ICEPower 50 module off the bay and it's been rock solid. Being class D its still in a cardboard box and even takes mains input power so no messing with power supplies etc

eddie

I know you've made your mind up, but what about an Amptatic amp? UK sourced and a couple of threads on here with recommendations

I did look at the amptastic website but I don't think there is anything available until 2013. Is there a third party source?

I also looked at the amp3 boards but not sure I want ANOTHER diy project!

Might be worth trying to get in touch with Amptastic as I found them incredibly helpful on the phone when I called with a query. They seem to be on twitterand there is a post address on the web page if you register

I bought a Muse off eBay recently, and its fine. The supplied switch mode PSU is very noisy (it injects noise into the mains and stops my X10 stuff working!), so I will make a linear PSU for it over xmas. The amps sounds fine for the kitchen, and will be getting one for the bathroom speakers in a few weeks time. Just not worth DIY with things like these available. I suspect that there's not much to choose between the various "makes" as they probably share designs and manufacturing anyway.

advertisement

Back