advertisement

[WTD] Top Quality CD Player

Vinylnut

pfm Member
On the lookout for a top quality CD player. I have a preference for Japanese players such as Accuphase, Luxman and Esoteric.
Please pm me if your looking to sell, there must be a lot of CD players gathering dust out there with the amount of streaming now.
Please be realistic with your prices, I am not going to pay ebay or dealers prices.

Does it have to be Japanese? I have a mint Meridian 800V3 which has a brand new mechanism Inc lazer plus the Meridian MSR.

It's an amazing CD player which I purchased to match my 861. Despite plans other than testing over a year ago I don't use as just don't use CD's. It sounds better VS Qobuz and a quality streamer but space (CD storage not player) and convenience conspire against the player.

Your welcome to demo if your anywhere near Cambridgeshire.

Not selling mine but I’d recommend a esoteric k-01 I looked and tried different players for about a year and the esoteric won convincingly

Kind of the opposite of Japanese clinical efficiency, but I have a lovely Sugden SDT-1 made by some nice folks in Yorkshire. It's listed on Art of Sound and FB Marketplace, but it won't let me link it here.

How about a Denon DVD A1-XV?

Okay, it might be a DVD player but look it up on Google. The build quality and physical stature are reminiscent of Luxman, Accuphase etc, and it’s no slouch in terms of sound quality either. Mine has a new laser too.

£650 would convince me to part with it (because I’m simply not using it, which is a crying shame).

You’re welcome to see/hear it at my home in the West Midlands.

I have a pioneer pd95 which has recently had a full service and plays perfectly but it’s £2700 ono

Also a TEAC VRDS transport (on eBay), add a modern Dac.. could it get any better..?

advertisement

Back