advertisement

Top 2000 albums ever website

Very good list, constantly changing due to the way it is calculated.

Interesting site, kind of a chart of lists, assuming of course one needs a chart of lists. I never quite know what lists of albums are meant to achieve - I instinctively count the ones I have (121 out of their current ‘all time’ top 200), but after that I’m left scratching my head.

Tony.

(too embarrased to admit how few of Kit's 18 he has...)

49 and 2

Having looked at both lists, it gives me food for thought. Sometimes you can get a bit bogged down for inspiration. These comprehensive lists can give you a jog! I can't believe some of the "classics" I don't have. :eek:

rod

I've got 4 on Kit's list. Do I get a prize?

I haven't counted on the other list, but I've got approximately loads of them.

Edit: 79 in fact, not as many as I thought at first glance. There's some oddities on there.

-- Ian

Oodles of the first list, 3 on Kit's list. I'm perversely pleased to note that I'll soon be selling on a good percentage of the oodles. My taste seems to be heading resolutely outside the mainstream.

30-something of the top 200, as Rod says, a good memory jog or inspiration. You need to spend a lot of money over time, have a lot of music passing through your hands or spend a lot of your listening in this domain though to score highly.

Shamefully, I have none of Kit's list, the majority of which I haven't heard of. This is a more interesting list for me, I do wander back to mainstream but these days jazz, classical and various forms, cultures and styles of music seem to interest me more than formulaic mass appeal music.

I wouldn't mind the bank balances of some of the mainstream artists though!

Paul

24/100 (and 47 out of all 200) and 3 of Kits (Panthalassa, Byrne/Eno, Yokota).

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

There are actually 2000 albums on that site, not just 200 - look at the specific year and decade lists too.

Hi,

I have at least 135 of the top 200(and maybe more under some piles of stuff). This includes 17 of the top 20. Also 41 of the top 50. Some interesting stuff on that site.

I'm sure I have a copy of the Oneness of Juju album somewhere from Kit's list.

There are actually 2000 albums on that site, not just 200
I have 93 from the 201 to 400 list. I'll think I'll stop now.

Dean

What's the worst year on the list?

I think it's '81. The Human League and Black Flag take the 1 and 2 spots.

Says it all, really.

A mere 36/200 of the all time list, however a massive 3 of Kit's. Sort of 3 as my Shakti is only two CD's worth, mind you a friend has a different 'Remember Shakti' 2CD which seems to be different again...

advertisement

Back