advertisement

Took an absolute punt on the TEAC TN-4D Turntable

The only turntable I’ve ever owned (apart from a cheap Sony as a kid) is a technics 1200mk2, which will live in my studio. Having now acquired all the speakers and amps I need, I’m keeping my eye out for a nice 70’s turntable for the living room. I’m just looking at your link though and it’s a very nice looking model and I’m curious to hear what you think of it when yours turns up. I’m bookmarking it...

Which finish have you gone with?

p.s. I only saw the Hitcher Boosh episode the other week and I was blown away. Up to that point I’d only seen series 1.

The 1200 is a classic.
Well, I'm going to be using it in my 2nd system and the weakest link there (by far)will be the speakers.
I'm going to be using it with a new phono amp I recently purchased through the forums... And will swap out the cart for an ortofon 2m blue.. So a few variables in there.. But I'll let you know what I think.

Walnut finish for me. Black is chic but doesn't really suit the room etc.

Yeah TMB is a classic.. Funny thing is I'm a big fan of the blonde tent peg / level 42

It looks like a nice, well built TT. Could be interesting. I suspect it will be a decent all round listen. Touch of Luxman about it.

£500 for a direct drive deck with built EQ (can be switched out) and USB output as well, complete with cartridge. Could be a hifi bargain indeed! OK TEAC not exactly known for their turntables, but this could be a best seller if the marketing is right. You can even buy it from Amazon.

16116.png

I does look rather nice, simply elegant, worth £500 all day long just for the looks.

Previous TN-300

turntable_review-1020x560.jpg

SME 6 designers take note.

Hi all,
As above, bought this on a whim.. anyone got/ listened to one of these?
https://www.teac-audio.eu/en/products/tn-4d-155523.html
Will turn up just in time for the B.H weekend, looking forward to ripping some vinyl.
Cheers
D-C

I've just followed the link to the Teac site, and couldn't get the pictures to scroll, so I disactivated "Disconnect" which can sometimes block things like that. When I did, for the first time I've ever seen, the "miner Block" icon on the tool bar shewed that it had blocked a mining attempt. Strange.

I've just followed the link to the Teac site, and couldn't get the pictures to scroll, so I disactivated "Disconnect" which can sometimes block things like that. When I did, for the first time I've ever seen, the "miner Block" icon on the tool bar shewed that it had blocked a mining attempt. Strange.

All fine here.

It may be a veritable bargain, but the odd S-shape on the arm just sets my CDO off every time I see it.

Got Teac TN-4D. Quite high background noise. Much higher than Nad 558. If I connect ground wire, it give even more noise, high pitched. Is it normal or some fault? Can anybody can confirm or deny? Problem with power supply?

Got Teac TN-4D. Quite high background noise. Much higher than Nad 558. If I connect ground wire, it give even more noise, high pitched. Is it normal or some fault? Can anybody can confirm or deny? Problem with power supply?

This is electrical rather than mechanical noise, right?

Personally I'd start by narrowing it down by seeing if you get it from all the outputs: USB, phono with pre-amp, phono without pre-amp.

Tim

I got a Privacy warning when I clicked on the link...

This is electrical rather than mechanical noise, right?

Personally I'd start by narrowing it down by seeing if you get it from all the outputs: USB, phono with pre-amp, phono without pre-amp.

Tim
I think it is electrical as I did not switch on motor, if I remember correctly. About same with or without inbuilt phono. Did not try usb. I got use it it just for one evening, away for few weeks, will look into when get back. Played couple LP, moderate volume, it was ok.

advertisement

Back