advertisement

Tone Poet Blue Notes

I’d be interested to know what type of mailer they use now. One would hope they’d learned as they had to write-off >£100 of stock for me alone. My experience is several years ago and they used a thin wrap type mailer with no corner protection. Low-grade soft card too.

Everyone has learned a lot about record mailers during the vinyl revival (myself included) and better options are available. For a long while you couldn’t even buy good mailers in the UK. I was always amazed when I ordered stuff from the US just how good their mailers are. The UK still can’t provide me with anything to Acoustic Sounds level, but they are much better now and I get hardly any complaints with the type I use (covers33 with the box-section crumple-zone). For single records the type Rough Trade, Norman, Assai etc use are really good. I’ve not had a corner ding for ages now.

I’ve just placed an order as well. Will report on packaging. My usual supplier sent me the new Hawley album and it’s corner dinged to ****. He used decent packaging and lathers it in fragile tape. Bloody RM must have seriously slung it around.

Within seconds of my last post the doorbell rang and Byrd’s Eye View was here. In some serious packaging. BN store has obviously upgraded!

Their complaints process is good
Not always. Took me over a month to get a refund from UME on a warped LP and they required me to send them a video of the record playing as proof before initiating a return.

I know other members have had better luck but hopeless customer service has been a feature of every purchase I've made from a UME store so I now avoid altogether.

olDKifz.jpeg
The package arrived today via Royal Mail (so within 48 hours) in a similar mailer to the ones Tony uses - solid, think heavy duty card, corners well protected. A significant improvement

Last edited:
And the Jackie McLean - Tippin The Scales Tone Poet is on sale for £27 - so I guess under £22 with the discount.

The site is such a mess though. Why are they offering a 'Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series' CD of Midnight Blue? The Ornette Box is listed as reduced from £199 to £199. There are Impulse and Verve LPs listed on the New Releases page. It just doesn't feel like it's being done with any love.... but anyway I'll stop moaning : )

And the Jackie McLean - Tippin The Scales Tone Poet is on sale for £27 - so I guess under £22 with the discount.

The site is such a mess though. Why are they offering a 'Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series' CD of Midnight Blue? The Ornette Box is listed as reduced from £199 to £199. There are Impulse and Verve LPs listed on the New Releases page. It just doesn't feel like it's being done with any love.... but anyway I'll stop moaning : )
I agree

I tend to go in via the artist links otherwise there are too many oddities. But at least ( as far as I can see) the site is no longer full of records that are out of print.

advertisement

Back