advertisement

Tom Petty RIP

Another great musician gone but I'm sure he packed enough for 10 lifetimes into those 66 years. RIP.

RIP.

Only got one album -Into The Great Wide Open - one of the many people I always seem to pass over when on the lookout for music to buy, must have a proper look.

Saw the Heartbreakers at Hyde Park earlier this year. It was a great show and Tom and his band were in top form. RIP Tom, and thank you for the wonderful memories. Your music has been with me since I was twelve and will remain with me till my turn comes.

RIP Tom. Full Moon Fever was the soundtrack to my toddler years. My dad dubbed the vinyl to cassette and my mum and I would take it back and forward to Budapest where I attended the Peto Institute for months at a time. I'd be lying if I said the memories were fond, but listening to Tom's music made the days more bearable for me.....

What a shame another great lost,got to see him this year at Hyde Park the one and only time.
Even better it was with Stevie as well , it was a great day, have all his stuff in Vinyl as well RIP.

Far too young
RIP Tom

If Runnin down a dream is not on TV soon get hold of it.
Great film underlining what a lovely guy he was

So so sad, grew up with this guy & his band & loved every moment of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh baby don't it feel like heaven right now
Don't it feel like something from a dream
Yeah I've never known nothing quite like this
Don't it feel like tonight might never be again
We know better than to try and pretend
Baby no one could have ever told me 'bout this"

RIP Tom
Playing 'Live - Pack Up The Plantation' on LP now.

"Oh baby don't it feel like heaven right now
Don't it feel like something from a dream
Yeah I've never known nothing quite like this
Don't it feel like tonight might never be again
We know better than to try and pretend
Baby no one could have ever told me 'bout this"

RIP Tom
Playing 'Live - Pack Up The Plantation' on LP now.

A lot of people don't reckon Pack up the Plantation caught them at their best but for me, that version of "the Waiting" is one of the greatest songs and performances ever.

A lot of people don't reckon Pack up the Plantation caught them at their best but for me, that version of "the Waiting" is one of the greatest songs and performances ever.

Totally agree. Played LOUD like I'm doing now it really fills my room with sound and captures the 'feel' of them live. :)

advertisement

Back