advertisement

Today's free Prom

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
A bit late to promote this but I'm going with the family: "The afternoon features the first ever free Prom, featuring Muzsikás and Kathryn Tickell and her Folkestra, with a programme of folk and folk inspired pieces including works by Bartók and Vaughan Williams." I'm looking forward to it. The kids aren't.

What is the difference between a "free prom" and a "Prom broadcast by the BBC"

I'm seriously puzzed about this.

Am I the only one to have misread the title at first ?

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Me too: An Australian giving away an English gentlemen with no fee attached in what appears to be a daily event?

Kevin

No you aren't, I'm severely disappointed :) Though I think I would have liked the Prom all the same. is it available via one of these newfangled listen to it cos you missed it things?

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Nick that reminded me of the original:-

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!!

Psas Ti ON !

I'd forgotten standing cost a fiver - can only assume that Cliff thought I was going to listen to it on the radio rather than go to it.

The first half was agreed by all to be a bit tedious. The Folkestra kicked off the second half in a manner to wake the kids up and they stayed awake thereafter. I have a couple of Muzsicas records from when they hit the world music scene in the 80s - seemed to be the same bunch - they were getting pretty old. Mixing them up with the Bartok was a reasonable idea which more or less paid off when I told the kids what was being attempted.

On leaving, I asked them for bordometer readings: 4/10, 5/10, 4/10 but the kid behind farting during a quiet passage may have affected the results.

On leaving, I asked them for bordometer readings: 4/10, 5/10, 4/10 but the kid behind farting during a quiet passage may have affected the results.

4.33/10 is pretty good. I'd worry about teenagers who liked classical or folk music very much but twenty years on concert-going wont be a completely alien concept.

I think you should tell Roger Wright about the farting, perhaps he'll programme some next year.

Nick that reminded me of the original:-

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!!

Psas Ti ON !

Are you sure that's the original? I edited something longer but slightly different!

Cheers,

Nic.

advertisement

Back