advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

This afternoon - chairing the ethics committee. Very interesting debate on (ethical) compliance matters in relation to using third party AI tools for sentiment and emotion analysis......

Navigating the nuances of healthcare as it differs from one part of the country to another. Lovely day (not) in A&E yesterday after an accident away from my local patch. Was dealt with well under the circumstances and home now. Trouble is, I can’t seem to refer myself for follow up on the fracture as the “Hands” dept here doesn’t obey the same rules as those types of clinics in Warwickshire. I am now psyching myself up to present at A&E again here just to get into the system. Not entirely given up hope on a call back today. Annoyingly, the call backs have been great today as they pushed me from one person who couldn’t help to another. Now I know who can help it’s gone quiet! Wish me luck 🤞

Back from Suffolk, did some work Admin for an hour and then out with the dogs for an hour, lovely day here. Swimming tonight.

Cheers BB

Navigating the nuances of healthcare as it differs from one part of the country to another. Lovely day (not) in A&E yesterday after an accident away from my local patch. Was dealt with well under the circumstances and home now. Trouble is, I can’t seem to refer myself for follow up on the fracture as the “Hands” dept here doesn’t obey the same rules as those types of clinics in Warwickshire. I am now psyching myself up to present at A&E again here just to get into the system. Not entirely given up hope on a call back today. Annoyingly, the call backs have been great today as they pushed me from one person who couldn’t help to another. Now I know who can help it’s gone quiet! Wish me luck 🤞
Sorry to hear that , very frustrating

Currently sitting having breakfast in Tenerife. In March 2020 Heather and I had our last holiday together here. At the time she was obviously out of sorts but we had no idea that she had lung cancer that would take her away from me at the end of 2021.

This my first holiday abroad on my own, not having needed a passport before I met Heather. Coming back to Tenerife is a bit of "rite of passage" for me. I have consciously tried to carry on with things we did together. There is always a mixture of emotions, happy memories and the sense of loss. Meal times can be hard. I would often wander around while she lay at the pool especially in the afternoons so daytime is easier.

Like many ladies she liked a look round the shops and passing some of them brings back images of her search the rails and shelves for bargains especially shoes and sandals.

I more or less decided yesterday that I won't be back here in a hurry. It's not really my type of holiday (it was Heather's as she liked soaking up the sun). I really need something with more to do. Heather would have done more but back and hip problems meant walking particularly in cities was difficult. Sadly she didn't have the opportunity to get full benefit of her new hip in 2019.

Perhaps I'll investigate some of the tours on offer which have a more cultural content.

Baby day today , extraordinary watching the amount of dribble pouring out and down the arm ..where does it all come from !! Enjoyed blowing dandelion clocks with him which he is fascinated by .

watching him feeding is as good as a comedy series ...wonderful stuff

I went for lunch with my oldest friend today - a good day for it. His divorce has come through finally after many years of separation so a bit of celebration - I paid for lunch!

I had some brilliant donations of records to sort for Headway brain injury charity - some real crackers that will make many monies. A pre Clash Joe Strummer 45 that is worth a few quid, lots of rock that always sells quickly.

Gonna have a cold cider later.

Shooting again.. at 1000 yards and then olympic trap. Previous 2 days Ive been fly fishing.
Since I retired ( unexpectedly) in Dec this has been the first week when Ive thought well this isn't so bad...so now all I have to do is reconcile expensive hobbies with limited resources!

Very long day working in Central London, with a trip to Croydon and back thrown in mid morning. Just got home in time to go swimming. Fairly quiet weekend ahead which suits just fine.

Cheers BB

Just been out looking at the northern lights. Never seen anything like them here, though we used to get them when I lived up near Skye.

Just been out looking at the northern lights. Never seen anything like them here, though we used to get them when I lived up near Skye.
I’ve just seen them whilst walking the dogs (Faversham, Kent), we have incredibly bright street lights which spoilt it somewhat but I could see them.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back