advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

52327863579_ab65554514_z.jpg

Finally got back to my starting place at 7pm. About eight hours walking if you don’t include lunch and faffing about time. Around seventeen miles covered, so not bad for an old’un. Especially considering the vertical distances too.

Sadly there was cloud cover for most of the day, making photos rather dull. Then just as I got in my car to drive home the setting sun burst through, bathing everything in a glorious orange glow. Bastard.

Lovely view from that big hill I bet.

52327863579_ab65554514_z.jpg

Finally got back to my starting place at 7pm. About eight hours walking if you don’t include lunch and faffing about time. Around seventeen miles covered, so not bad for an old’un. Especially considering the vertical distances too.

Sadly there was cloud cover for most of the day, making photos rather dull. Then just as I got in my car to drive home the setting sun burst through, bathing everything in a glorious orange glow. Bastard.
Much respect.
My hips only allow an hour walking before they turn me into a grumbling, limping grouch.

The other thing was driving home as it was getting dark. The headlights were following the bends!

I have adaptive headlights on the Yeti, I really like the function - especially when deep in the country with no streetlights.

Last night The Wife and I settled down for an hour of ‘Hogs of War’ video game when suddenly there was no picture on the TV although we could hear the audio…
The TV is a Sony from about 8 yrs. ago.
Ten minutes of swapping this and that aboot - still no picture. Wife declares the TV defunct.
We had a pleasant evening playing cards in the HiFi room, a lot better than watching TV.

The Wife spent 30 minutes this morning researching new TV’s - this is what she picked.

‘LG OLED42C24LA’
42 inch OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV Freeview
- about £1000 from Richer Sounds with 6 yr. guarantee.

I have kept my nose out as I don’t watch TV that much - I know that I shall have to set the TV up though…
Going to have a look at one before The Wife splashes the cash. I think she has decided already.

Much respect.
My hips only allow an hour walking before they turn me into a grumbling, limping grouch.
Thank you.
Being a grumbling grouch is a permanent affliction, so I wouldn’t notice that. Pleased I got away without the limping though.

I just continued trying to keep up the knee exercises in the face of this accursed never ending cold.
Operated knee bending well now and all but pain free apart from the persistent 'snagging' tendon on outside, which nobody seems to want to acknowledge, but which they will hear about next appointment.
Meanwhile, the other leg is now really painful all the time with 'bone on bone' pain plus muscle aches.

Mrs Mull more floored by the 'cold' than me just back from seeing Nurse Practitioner and now has antibiotics and an Asthma spray plus instructions to get tested for COPD.
To add to the fun, my very own 'Heart Failure Nurse', having told me my kidneys and liver are fine.. wants to start me on Spironolactone.
"It will lower your BP"
"My BP is already low"
"It will stop fluid retention"
"I don't have fluid retention"
etc., etc.
I agreed to discuss it in a few weeks but she'll have to come up with a more convincing argument...
Meanwhile I'm all but housebound and just want to be able to walk and do stuff again.
It's all wearing a bit thin.
Moan over. .

Today we have had exemplary Italian trains, a great flight with Jet2 and then spent nearly 2 hours (should have been 1 1/4h) on a very clogged M62 :(

yes she will support me in the manner I have become accustomed to when I retire at 60

Three years is a long time at the moment so don’t count yer chickens. I still dream about government pensions in Greece on a bad night….

need a drink after watching the Women's Hundred, 3x6's in the last over. Men's eliminator tonight

Went on Wednesday to Old Trafford. Fabulous entertainment, looking forward to the eliminator tonight. About to crack open a beer and watch it.

Busy day at the MusicMark conference today. Saw an incredibly inspirational musician called Kris Halpin speak and perform. His discussion of the difference between individualisation and solutions personal to the individual, and the solutions offered to him as a young person wanting to make music were fascinating. He’s able to perform now using MiMu gloves, as a young person he was offered what he described as the ‘medical’ solution where they tried to make him fit the instrument. Made me ponder how often we try to make people fit the binary solution rather than find what works for them. Certainly gave me pause for thought.

spent most of the day rebuilding a wall which was badly damaged by vanadals . quite a lot of work and then i am going to apply plenty of anti climb paint with the appropiate signs

Just stack the brick/blocks without mortar, so next time they get pinned under a couple of tonnes of masonry.. think of it like big lego : )

advertisement

Back