advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 03:00 hrs. last night I heard an Owl and managed to see it, perched upon a telegraph pole outside our house.

It looked huge, and had a large wingspan which I saw when it flew off.
Based on the call of said Owl, it was a Tawny or Brown Owl. We hear Owls frequently, but rarely see them.

Tawny Owl Identification

• About 430mm tall with a wing span of 950mm.
  • Brown or grey underparts and upperparts.
  • More rounded brown or grey face with dark eyes.
  • Overall impression in flight of a large brown bird (but can look pale in car headlights).
  • More direct flight, often from tree to tree.
  • Primarily live in woodland habitat but anywhere with mature trees (including cities).
  • Familiar and common ‘twit twoo’ call. Usually Tawny Owl females ‘kewick’ and males ‘hoohoo’ – but they can be variable.

after all that excitement, I had a wee/tiddle/slash

off to London today for a wander, lunch in a nice Spanish place, dinner in a nice Italian.....few drinks, hotel....

Clearing bricks and roof tiles from the side of the house ,
The previous owner decided to let me sort them out after they moved out.

Just now been out to sort the flashing airbag light on the wife's Qashqai. Fiddled around with the wiring connectors under the seat, and made sure the were all pushed in ok. Then did the reset procedure (turning on, then off as soon as the light went out, 5 times). Then switched back on. Airbag light now goes off. Happy days.
Downside is that while I was fiddling under the seat while hanging out of the car, the wind blew the door shut on my knee. Did not hurt too much, but now have an half egg size lump on the inside of my knee. Got an ice pack on it. Hopefully avoid a trip to the Walk In centre.....

A run this morning, then a big full English breakfast in the pub with a pint, then moved on to the Alehouse for an afternoon of rugby with mates I haven't seen for two years....just settling my second pint....bliss.

Last edited:
Just now been out to sort the flashing airbag light on the wife's Qashqai. Fiddled around with the wiring connectors under the seat, and made sure the were all pushed in ok. Then did the reset procedure (turning on, then off as soon as the light went out, 5 times). Then switched back on. Airbag light now goes off. Happy days.
Downside is that while I was fiddling under the seat while hanging out of the car, the wind blew the door shut on my knee. Did not hurt too much, but now have an half egg size lump on the inside of my knee. Got an ice pack on it. Hopefully avoid a trip to the Walk In centre.....

The Hop-In centre?

doing household chores . found out the chap i look after had no gas or electric bills for several months as gone bust . nothing from anyone to replace

getting a load of materials from wickes and booking bulk collections of rubbish . cheaper than a skip [ 33 quid from council ]

getting VERY stressed with norton technical support who cant understand my newly downloaded product doesnt work

set up a computer stereo with some nice dali speakers after bose stuff died [ well it was old ]

Cooked up some nice scallops with pancetta for lunch. Then a bit of gardening, followed by a snooze in the lounge chair.
Will try to avoid the wine tonight. My liver needs a rest.

Came home. Wifey went upstairs to change, I sorted stuff for supper. Walked into lounge and found prepared open fire burning. Wife has never lit the fire ever so a bit of surprise. Turns out neither of us had. Odd says I, scary says Maggie. Being non magical types we concluded an ember for yesterday must had ignited a bit of fire lighter when we entered the house ( quite a wind has got up). With a little alcohol I shall conclude the house was pleased to see us :)

I have been mainly feeling crap and lounging around in my pyjamas and dressing gown.
5th day of this purgatory.
Have had the worst flu/virus for decades. 1990s, earlier?
Got to speak to GP yesterday/daybefore? - he advised sending PCr sample. Got -ve result today. 24-hours that's good going I have to say (but to what end?).

They want me to fill in forms to help - I'll give'em forms, I will. Nobody answered my enquiries with anything helpful when I asked questions months ago. "No studies done" was the favourite concerning possible interactions with my strong medication.

Pah!

Does not really matter to me what result says. I am sore, fluey, blowing yellow snot (and some blood from DCR surgery of last year) and the cough, which has racked my body since it started 3 days ago is now loosening more sluggish cattarrh from my bronchial area.

All I know is I have felt a shell of myself since 2 Vaxzevrias(AstraZeneca) last year. Followed by Moderna and flu vaccine a few months ago.

What do I have faith in? Not in some types of medical expert or politician.

Hey! I've just loaded Peanuts Greatest Hits by Vince Guaraldi Trio to renovated Brennan JB7. That's bound to help - no false promises either.

Just made fried bream on broccoli and green beans with a grapefruit sauce, French fries and a glass of a nice dry white.
Not stopped raining here all day.

Have you checked the attic...no secret lodgers..?

Next door used to be a holiday let and more than one of the cleaners swore it was haunted. Maybe it doesn’t like the new occupants and has decided to slum it at ours? I like to think it wouldn’t have lit it if the fire guard wasn’t in place; sort of a benevolent poltergeist….

Hopefully The Wife has been successful booking tickets for The Divine Comedy at Nottingham Concert Hall later this year. I saw him/them pre The Wife at Rock City ages ago (last century?)

I thought he did a reasonable job at the Bowie tribute concert a few years ago -
Neil gave ‘Station To Station’ a good go for what is a clumsy vocal to perform.
Given his latest Hits compilation album I am hoping the tour reflects this. Don’t mind a few from ‘Office Politics’

edit:
The Wife got accused to stealing a joint of lamb at Sainsbury’s today. Thank goodness I wasn’t there. The Manager was called for and had both barrels. Rude security man got an earful and then some. Daft sod. No excuse for being rude.

I have been mainly feeling crap and lounging around in my pyjamas and dressing gown.
5th day of this purgatory.
Have had the worst flu/virus for decades. 1990s, earlier?
Got to speak to GP yesterday/daybefore? - he advised sending PCr sample. Got -ve result today. 24-hours that's good going I have to say (but to what end?).

They want me to fill in forms to help - I'll give'em forms, I will. Nobody answered my enquiries with anything helpful when I asked questions months ago. "No studies done" was the favourite concerning possible interactions with my strong medication.

Pah!

Does not really matter to me what result says. I am sore, fluey, blowing yellow snot (and some blood from DCR surgery of last year) and the cough, which has racked my body since it started 3 days ago is now loosening more sluggish cattarrh from my bronchial area.

All I know is I have felt a shell of myself since 2 Vaxzevrias(AstraZeneca) last year. Followed by Moderna and flu vaccine a few months ago.

What do I have faith in? Not in some types of medical expert or politician.

Hey! I've just loaded Peanuts Greatest Hits by Vince Guaraldi Trio to renovated Brennan JB7. That's bound to help - no false promises either.
So sorry to read this. Your apparently compromised health, current illness, and ongoing uncertainty must make for a truly miserable experience. I know how chronic illness can take a disabling toll on one's mental wellbeing, too.

Re possible vaccine reactions, my friend's daughter who has chronic fatigue had a relapse after her first shot; being later advised by her GP that the second one could be too risky, she declined. Even a mild cold can knock her right out for days. Omicron is starting to ramp up in my little country (NZ) and I fear her becoming infected.

Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery, and a resolution to your ongoing health issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back