advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the plumber we have booked to change a tap and fix 2 leaks turns up today. Not having much luck with getting stuff sorted of late.

My car is being repaired (instrument cluster problem, needs new motherboard apparently) and will hopefully get the car back next week. Should have got it back today. Feeling more isolated than usual, but have no control of the situation, so shrugging it off. Easy to say.

The Wife has managed to sort an appointment with my urology consultant for me next week. I am not confident that it will achieve anything. The baclofen I now take regularly is controlling 2/3rds of the pain, not something I want to continue with long term. Interested to know if the nerve was cut or just the cremaster muscle.

Watching ’David Bowie and the Story of Ziggy Stardust’ (recorded from a BBC channel a while ago) and will then binge on Bowie for a while. No bad thang. I need to hear some Bowie after the anticlimax that is/was ‘Toy’ box :(

Tuna and mayonnaise sarnie for lunch, cottage pie with steamed savoy cabbage later.

Living the dream.

Last night I watched the two programmes that barrister Robert Rinder made about his own family, and that of two others, and the Holocaust, first shown I believe in 2020. It was, inevitably, shatteringly moving. There was no part of it that didn't heave at the emotions, and the horror, but if one single moment stood out beyond the others, it was that where Rinder and his mother met, at the site of Treblinka, the very last of what were of course a mere handful of survivors of that incomprehensibly appalling place. It was the first time that the then 92 year old man had returned, and I shall never forget it. I followed it by watching the last two parts of the excellent Anne Frank biopic.

I probably spend too much time contemplating the low points of 20th century history, and have spent so much time walking the cemetery-strewn battlefields of northern France that I sometimes worry that I have become inured to the numbers, and the scale and - such as it ever can be - comprehension, of the horror. These two programmes disabused me, once again, of that fear. I'm glad that I watched them, and there is a sense of things having been sharply put back into proportion today.

Last edited:
This morning was 1st part of piano practice after my regular Wednesday Lesson. Really good advice on how to get some fluency with the Schubert piece. Already sounds more 'like it' so to speak. The Mozart piece is at the 'adding musicality' stage ie I can read/know all the notes, and have a good stab at texture. (see what i did there?)

PM was car washing, and also golf cart cleaning. Both cars nice and clean for now.

Now its 2nd half of piano practice. Then off out for tea and then to go meet Peter Parker....

This morning was 1st part of piano practice after my regular Wednesday Lesson. Really good advice on how to get some fluency with the Schubert piece. Already sounds more 'like it' so to speak. The Mozart piece is at the 'adding musicality' stage ie I can read/know all the notes..

So you know all the right notes. The thing to do now, as uncle Eric might have advised, is to get them in the right order...

This morning was 1st part of piano practice after my regular Wednesday Lesson. Really good advice on how to get some fluency with the Schubert piece. Already sounds more 'like it' so to speak. The Mozart piece is at the 'adding musicality' stage ie I can read/know all the notes, and have a good stab at texture. (see what i did there?)

PM was car washing, and also golf cart cleaning. Both cars nice and clean for now.

Now its 2nd half of piano practice. Then off out for tea and then to go meet Peter Parker....
A friend of mine has been a piano teacher for 24 years and was impressed with your exam pass at that level. She said it's bloody hard! :)

Hoping the plumber we have booked to change a tap and fix 2 leaks turns up today. Not having much luck with getting stuff sorted of late.

My car is being repaired (instrument cluster problem, needs new motherboard apparently) and will hopefully get the car back next week. Should have got it back today. Feeling more isolated than usual, but have no control of the situation, so shrugging it off. Easy to say.

The Wife has managed to sort an appointment with my urology consultant for me next week. I am not confident that it will achieve anything. The baclofen I now take regularly is controlling 2/3rds of the pain, not something I want to continue with long term. Interested to know if the nerve was cut or just the cremaster muscle.

Watching ’David Bowie and the Story of Ziggy Stardust’ (recorded from a BBC channel a while ago) and will then binge on Bowie for a while. No bad thang. I need to hear some Bowie after the anticlimax that is/was ‘Toy’ box :(

Tuna and mayonnaise sarnie for lunch, cottage pie with steamed savoy cabbage later.

Living the dream.

glad the baclofen is doing something at last even if not complete resolution of problem

Working.. again. Trying to get more pre-production customer demo samples of a new product built, but getting all the parts issued is a challenge. The build is going ok, a few tooling and process improvements needed (as expected).
Just finished giving the car a quick wash (a bit dark, I know), but MOT is tomorrow, so fingers crossed. 14 year old 1.6 petrol Focus 179,000 miles. I've had it for 13 of those years and added 169,000.

Had a discussion with The Wife about old Star Trek fight scene music. She didn’t recognise it.
(I know that The Daughter knows this tune, it is a running gag with her and I :) )

Watching series 1 episode 13 this evening. Don’t remember this one.

More chicken factory joy. One more week here, then a week off, thank Christ, then another, bigger, factory, for a bigger role. Some practical stuff in the factory, but a wider cultural change brief. Whatever that means in this case. The last time I did this it involved being thoroughly unpleasant to production managers who were rather fond of bullying people. I do hope that this time round it's a bit more intelligent.

Worth a mention -

The Wife went for lunch today with an old friend of hers. Friends Son has just landed a new job, Head of Marketing for McLaren F1 :cool:

Apparently he has a lot of friends coming out of the woodwork…o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back