advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a long week. Got two job going today, builders clean in Kensington and external redec in Wimbledon, will be visiting both.

Family trip to the Theatre tonight to see Woman In Black. Not really a theatre fan but everyone else wanted to go.

Cheers BB

working this morning - putting the final approvals in place for our RoboCup team to travel to Bangkok for their forthcoming competition.

chairing a board of examiners. Then on leave this afternoon. Hot footing it to St Leonards on Sea for a couple of nights (Unthanks gig at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill tomorrow night)

Last edited:
Oh, what did Delaware, boys? Oh, what did Delaware?
I ask you now as a personal friend, what did Delaware?

She wore her New Jersey, boys. She wore her New Jersey.
I tell you now as a personal friend, she wore her New Jersey.

Gosh, I went in 2010, the third year. I took my son, it was lovely. We left shortly after Bellowhead came on - 5 minutes of that racket was more than enough for me, but they were the final act. Martin Simpson was great, and Jackie Oates, such a beautifully pure voice.

we were there - the first time we went IIRC was in 2010. We have been most years since - it is after all walking distance from home......alghough we often leave before the end. It is a lovely day out - the beer tent from Tring brewery is always good, although the queues can be a pain. We often take some of our own booze - some home made and pre-mxed bloody mary's or negroni's work well in the heat of july!

working this morning - putting the final approvals in place for our RoboCup team to travel to Bangkok for their forthcoming competition.

chairing a board of examiners. Then on leave this afternoon. Hot footing it to St Leonards on Sea for a couple of nights (Unthanks gig at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill tomorrow night)

We stayed in Pevensey when we went to The De La Warr Pavillion. We stayed in an Air BnB that turned out to be a former hotel, we were the only people there, it was like being in The Shining.

Not tried St Leonards yet, it’s in the list. I can’t imagine there would be any reason I’d revisit Pevence. (Apologies to anyone living in Pevence).

Auto correct changed Pevence to Provence, quite amusing.

Cheers BB

We stayed in Pevensey when we went to The De La Warr Pavillion. We stayed in an Air BnB that turned out to be a former hotel, we were the only people there, it was like being in The Shining.

Not tried St Leonards yet, it’s in the list. I can’t imagine there would be any reason I’d revisit Pevence. (Apologies to anyone living in Pevence).

Auto correct changed Pevence to Provence, quite amusing.

Cheers BB

Cooden Beach Hotel is nice.

We don't use AirBnB - never had a nice experience

Went out last night to see a mate play in a jazz/funk band, good fun. A nonet, can you believe, in a pub. Obviously they aren't in it to make a living but they get a few quid each, free beer and a pizza. I had a couple of pints and got the bus home after missing the last train, which I suspect didn't show. This weekend is the Cleethorpes Folk and Cider Festival, which will be good fun. I'll take a coat, the forecast is cold. This morning was repairing a door on a kitchen cupboard, which had sheared a screw and fallen off. They take a lot of load. To shear a screw it must have been rattling about for some time, I'll have to keep an eye on it and tighten it up periodically. Bloody chipboard carcases are a poor solution. Then again it is coming up 20 years old if the previous owner's receipts are any guide, so some repairs are fair enough. I know it wasn't new when I moved in 7 years ago.

Kitchen work here too. Our solid pine kitchen was installed in 1993 by the previous owner. Finally, after 17 years of being here we are 'refreshing' it. The Kitchen is very solid so rather than replace it we are installing new quartz worktops and splashbacks, under-mounted stainless sinks, new tap, new range cooker, new hood, and some extra sockets. The cabinets, doors and drawers are being professionally re-sprayed in a two colour scheme. It is taking longer than we thought (doesn't everything these days?). The worktops are eye wateringly expensive (though I am told still a lot less than Corian) but I have to say they look very very smart. Need to repaint the walls and ceiling after all the workmen have gone. Ceiling is nearly 11' up - I am not looking forward to painting that - I hate that job - and it is not a small room either.

First attempt at turning an old silk neck tie into a new silk bow tie. Quite pleased with the result, especially as I have recently bought a job lot of 100 neck ties on eBay for £25 with the intention of repurposing them in the same way.

52101388275_824806111c.jpg

Ace.

Are you going to do the bow ties all the same shape? Maybe some straight ones?
great project.

terrible journey to St Leonards. Long delays at St Pancras......in the end diverted to London Bridge and got a slow train. Families screaming at each other on the train, just when it kind of got quiet, the train filled up with 1000s of shrieking school children

Anyway now in a pleasantly quiet pub

It’s been a long week. Got two job going today, builders clean in Kensington and external redec in Wimbledon, will be visiting both.

Family trip to the Theatre tonight to see Woman In Black. Not really a theatre fan but everyone else wanted to go.

Cheers BB
The butler did it…

Just popped the lid on a bottle of Old Jock after a hot day installing a concreted summer-house base. Beery glow beginning ..when up pops this reminder...Bugger! I'd completely forgotten. Still.....at least I can walk there.

Coffee with @IWC Doppel this morning; much enjoyed; we'd never realised we live about 400yds around the corner from one another, for last two decades ..!

Also - tidied-up some work on a simple CT scanner replacement; some Planning issues with a nice project on the Isle of wight nearing completion; some early strategic thoughts on the next Big Thing, then a bunch of admin, and ... now I have a week off, hurrah.

Gin o'clock is calling, the Quad 989s are soothing. I might be some time.

Listening to Depeche Mode today after hearing the news that Fletcher's no more. RIP. I always enjoyed their music but forgot about them for a long while until I bought "Delta Machine" as a download. I quickly bought the 180g vinyl as well and began listening to and buying as much of what I had missed as possible.

I am bent on only doing what I like to do for the remainder of my days on earth. My resolve is only reinforced when I hear of people who died much too early.

Listening to Depeche Mode today after hearing the news that Fletcher's no more. RIP. I always enjoyed their music but forgot about them for a long while until I bought "Delta Machine" as a download. I quickly bought the 180g vinyl as well and began listening to and buying as much of what I had missed as possible.

I am bent on only doing what I like to do for the remainder of my days on earth. My resolve is only reinforced when I hear of people who died much too early.
Makes you think. Been playing Depeche today also, often do my daily walk to Violator or Ultra

Ace.

Are you going to do the bow ties all the same shape? Maybe some straight ones?
great project.

There will definitely be straight ones. But they will all be fairly small (I’m wearing the one in the pic right now and it measures 11x4 cm tied. That’s perfect AFAIC. I can’t be doing with the big flappy ones that interfere with chin and collar. I’m not aware I’m wearing this one. Nor is anyone else, of course, unless there’s a strong gust of wind. But that’s all part of the mischief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back