advertisement

To hear at a hi-fi show?

Naim kit you want to hear?

• Total voters

Tenson

Trade: AudioSmile
Hi Guys,

What new Naim kit would you be most interested in hearing at the next Heathrow hi-fi show coming the end of this March?

None bothered either way..... but I voted HDX.

Superline came second but equally as interesting.

Which show is at the end of march? Is it that little inkly dinkly one that you can get round in an hour or two then twiddling yer thumbs for the rest of the day & wondered why I'd payed the fee?

Which show is at the end of march? Is it that little inkly dinkly one that you can get round in an hour or two then twiddling yer thumbs for the rest of the day & wondered why I'd payed the fee?

Maybe? :( Its the 'High End Show'. It is usually the smaller of the two Heathrow shows, 28-29th March. Its aimed at the higher-end of pure stereo, where the other show is audio and AV. So you get more small boutique manufactures and some interesting kit rather than all the mainstream stuff. Some of it is stupidly pricey and equally odd though it has to be said. Personally I prefer having the time to go round at a leisurely pace and talk to the people there rather than rush around like a mad thing trying to hear every room and really hearing nothing of worth.

I went one year... maybe two & yes there was some very interesting gear there that you normally dont see or even know about. I thought it interesting in this respect but to fill the day I felt you could easily visit each room 3 or 4 times, so ultimately poor value for money. Maybe I'll go this year, take a bunch of records to listen too & find a nice room or two to take over :)

It is about time we saw and heard the rumoured standalone NAIM DAC.

I wouldn't mind catching the HDX again. I heard a pre-production model before and wasn't fantastically impressed.

It would be good to hear a CD played on, say, a CD5X, and the same CD ripped by the HDX.

Naim specifically didn't do this kind of comparison when I saw the HDX in action.

I'd also like to listen to a Supernait DAC, compared to a Lavry or Beresford DAC, using the same source played through the Supernait.

I doubt any of this will happen though.

Jack

If I was in your position, I'd try to get a basic system (Cd5i/Nait5i or CD5x/nait XS) as well as a system from higher up the range (say, HDX/555PS/SN). And Rob's P9 with SL, of course.

If I want to hear any, I'll go to my local dealer.
I might consider going to the show if it's free, but I'm not sure about paying to get in.

AT33PTG at the moment but who knows in a couple of months :)

Vinyl isn't a definite at the moment, just an idea really but we'll see what people say.

AT33PTG at the moment but who knows in a couple of months :)

Vinyl isn't a definite at the moment, just an idea really but we'll see what people say.

If.....if.....just saying....if....I wanted to move from my P9 exact to a MC, superline what do you think the candidates are?

As an aside...sorry Tenson.

Lefty, I'm sure that Simon has spoken to Doug Graham and they are supplying us with a SN for the show. If you fancy hanging around towards the end of the day we can probably do some swapping around if you fancy comparing the SN inbuilt dac to your AVI.
We'll also have their Fraim support in use.

Were you thinking of replacing the AVI/Nait2 with the SN?

advertisement

Back