advertisement

To foo or not to foo

That's Peter Belt and it is nonsense. The tweak in the link isn't going to make any difference with a modern DAC.

Total and utter cobblers. It wasn't originally published on 1 April was it? Might as well sandpaper the whole cd front and back whilst you're at and apply a coat of black bitumastic!

Perhaps it works due to forces we don't yet understand and cannot yet measure.

You lot can be so dismissive.

Almost 20 years ago I was writing for a real paper audio magazine. One day at the office (real job, not the mag) I got forwarded a call by an enthusiastic reader who proclaimed that for a vastly improved listening experience the white text in the logo of Sony Classical CDs had to be filled in with a certain black marker.

Almost 20 years ago I was writing for a real paper audio magazine. One day at the office (real job, not the mag) I got forwarded a call by an enthusiastic reader who proclaimed that for a vastly improved listening experience the white text in the logo of Sony Classical CDs had to be filled in with a certain black marker.

Hi
as the OP I don't really believe the content of my post but I have seen some CDs that are quite "see through" and cant help the feeling that some of the laser is not getting reflected back to where it should be.
Whether this has an effect on sound quality I don't know.:)

Hi
as the OP I don't really believe the content of my post but I have seen some CDs that are quite "see through" and cant help the feeling that some of the laser is not getting reflected back to where it should be.
Whether this has an effect on sound quality I don't know.:)

I have started "ripping" my CDs and the nearly see-through ones often need tracks to be re-ripped in dbpoweramp before obtaining a "secure" rip status.

advertisement

Back