advertisement

Tips for discovering new music on Tidal?

Nara

pfm Member
How do you use Tidal to discover new-to-you music? Do you use the 'My Daily Discovery' playlist? Playlists? Artist radio?

I ask because after an initial flurry of success a few months ago, I'm struggling to find new music on Tidal. I loved the Daily Discovery but as time has gone on it seems to offer less interesting music.

If you do hear a new-to-you song that you like, how do you manage it? Do you add it (with the heart button) to your collection? Or do you add the whole album it came from? Do you then have a playlist with new music it in?

Any tips and tricks most welcome!

I listen to radio paradise a lot and whenever a track is played that grabs me I search for it on Tidal, add it to a playlist and also favourite the album for future listening.

I use Daily Discovery a lot, obviously the more you listen Daily & pick out tunes from the list you like the more useful it is. I've come across a awful lot of music this way I'd never or unlikely to have come across any other way. I add songs I like to my relevant playlists so there is some kind of organization to them.

I also listen to radio a lot - well at least when there's time. I do much the same as steveinspain above. If I feel it warrants another listen, known or unknown I'll search & add it to Tidal.

I do find though the Daily Discovery is a bit of a hit and miss affair as you would expect. It's only guessing what you may like. If it turns up trumps of just a few songs a month that works for me as the more you add to Tidal & the more you listen to different songs the more variance the Daily Discovery is likely to come up with. Lastly if what I hear really takes my liking I would do a search for that artists albums & pick out a few more tracks from those albums. Rarely do I download/Stream a whole album. I mostly stream everything too because I listen a lot on the road & can't keep up with downloaded material on different devices.

advertisement

Back