advertisement

Tiger Woods car crash

It looks serious from the car wreckage footage shown on CNN. He was cut-out of the vehicle, but sometimes this is done in order to extract the patient with the least amount of movement.

According to the reports, Woods has multiple leg injuries and is currently in surgery.

I got the Tiger glare once. Photographing his full swing in a practice round with my machine gun Canon.

Wish him nothing but good and for a full recovery. An amazing talent that I have witnessed in person on many occasions.
He has changed so much over the years. From precocious youngster to a gentle giant.

Sad , friends nephew played for man United and fell asleep at wheel one morning and died .road traffic accidents always sad

I am a massive Tiger fan but thought this was funny!

48065.jpg

One things for sure that vehicle didn’t roll, it left the road a a decent speed and hit the flatter ground nose first, hence the leg damage.

The roof is hardly marked, all the damage is on the front.

One things for sure that vehicle didn’t roll, it left the road a a decent speed and hit the flatter ground nose first, hence the leg damage.

The roof is hardly marked, all the damage is on the front.

Have you actually looked at pictures or video of the car?

Is there more than one way to roll a car?

Have you actually looked at pictures or video of the car?

Is there more than one way to roll a car?
Well if it had rolled ( which is a sideways movement as opposed to end over end ) there would be damage to the roof and sides, when a car rolls the roof tends to become twisted sideways, kind of a squashed look if that makes sense. The roof and top edge of the sides look virtually unmarked. Plus the front of the car has a very flat/straight compression right across it, which would indicate it hit something, most likely the ground straight on, like it hit a wall straight on off you know what I mean, a roll wouldn't do that type of damage to the front, it might have been done hitting the barrier at the side of the road if there was one but he'd need to be at 90 degrees to it to be that flat across the front of the car, but was there a barrier?

Plus Tigers injuries are consistent with standing on the brake pedal, which means he was bracing himself for a front impact, you roll a car you don't tend to break a leg the way he has.

A wee tip for you, if you ARE about to have a head on, pull your feet back, saves your legs. One RTC I attended where a young driver had hit a tree, he luckily had the presence of mind to pull his legs back as far as he could, which was lucky as the engine ended up between his legs, virtually no leg injury, although he did have a cracked pelvis due to having his legs forced so far apart, but other than a sore knee, his legs were fine. If he'd kept braking they would have been pulp.

I'm sure we'll get a detailed analysis with computer graphics for Tiger crash showing exactly what happened in the coming days and I'll be completely wrong :D

A wee tip for you, if you ARE about to have a head on, pull your feet back, saves your legs. One RTC I attended where a young driver had hit a tree, he luckily had the presence of mind to pull his legs back as far as he could, which was lucky as the engine ended up between his legs, virtually no leg injury, although he did have a cracked pelvis due to having his legs forced so far apart, but other than a sore knee, his legs were fine. If he'd kept braking they would have been pulp.

This is absolutely spot on, used to know an A&E doc who said if you can do one thing in a front impact crash it's bend your legs and move them back...most people straighten them out pressing against the pedals bulkhead, bracing for the impact.... result shattered bones!

Must be bloody hard to do mind you, all you want to do is STOP!!!!! :eek::D

Yep, I actually had an incident many years ago where I could see a frontal impact coming (snow/ice on the roads) and managed to move my legs back off the pedals, but I wasn't travelling fast (15mph) and although the car coming towards me was moving quicker than that he managed to scrub off a lot of speed so the impact was minimal in the end. Plus I could see it coming so was easier to think it through. Not sure how I would react if I were doing a good speed as like you say, it's counter intuitive to stop braking :D

advertisement

Back