advertisement

Tiger Paw out of business?

hifiaf

pfm Member
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of planning some upgrades to my LP12 (Mose Hercules II / Cirkus / Roksan NIMA / Adikt / Dynavector P75). I had a great experience ordering a Vulcan wall shelf from Tiger Paw a few years ago and have heard great things about their various upgrades, so was planning to go mostly Tiger Paw, slowly adding a Khan top, an aKula subchassis, a Skale counterweight, and eventually, budget willing, a Javelin tonearm.

I've had trouble getting responses to emails, though. I've now contacted a few dealers and they say they haven't heard from Tiger Paw in months. So it looks like they're no longer trading. What a shame! I hope all is well with Roger, who was very kind every time I had to deal with him.

I've ordered from the online store in the past with no issues, but would hesitate to do so at the moment...

Apparently helpful, but came up with a load of absolute nonsense waffle when challenged about something a while back.
Whatever the audio bit traded as, they are/were a project associated with a "precision" engineering company, presumably the baby of the audio-phile/phool boss.

Where does that leave the Javelin/Aro "tussle"?

Compulsory strike off of the limited company by Companies House July 2018 but could be trading solo I guess

Not seen on here since June

Didn't mean to turn this into a shopping thread, but if you have a sKale for Nima, or an Akula for Rega — or know where I could find them — PM me. (I wonder what the marked for used Javelins will look like now...!)

I think Derek was involved with Mark at Tangerine.
Before that, Mark was originally involved with Roger at Tiger Paw

I think Derek was involved with Mark at Tangerine.
Before that, Mark was originally involved with Roger at Tiger Paw
Hopefully Mark will chime in, he’s a top guy.

If Derek was involved with Tiger Paw, his passing will have been a gigantic blow. He’s a massive loss both as an industry professional and a person. Never met him in person but spoke a few times, a fascinating, knowledgeable and all round decent guy.

Based on some private messages I've received, it seems Roger of Tiger Paw may be in ill health. If that's the case, I'd like to wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. Your work and kindness are appreciated all around the globe (including here in Canada).

advertisement

Back