advertisement

Tidy Turntable Photographs

uaayq.png

Roksan Xerxes 20+ with Tabriz zi and Ortofon Kontrapunkt B
DSCN1266.jpg

Before the arm and cartridge were replaced by a Roksan Artemiz 2 and Dynavector XX-2
DSCN1349.jpg

Best regards, FT

Here is mine finished and working

Its story is in /diy but not everyone goes there

baquhyze.jpg
u2abe4e9.jpg
zyqe8amu.jpg
9amunyde.jpg

Here is mine finished and working

Its story is in /diy but not everyone goes there

9amunyde.jpg

Left channel from one arm, and right from the other, for that "at the local fete" experience?

Very clean (design) looking deck. What is it?

Mine... DIY I made a music controller a few years back that was destroyed by water in the fire, I used the body as a basis for a 2-armed 9" and 12" turntable using aftermarket upgrade parts and kit parts.

It sounds really good, nice balance and no rumble or noise, but I would say that having built it.

Mine... DIY I made a music controller a few years back that was destroyed by water in the fire, I used the body as a basis for a 2-armed 9" and 12" turntable using aftermarket upgrade parts and kit parts.

It sounds really good, nice balance and no rumble or noise, but I would say that having built it.

As I said, I like the clean design. Not normally a fan of the two arm look, but this one works.

Whatcha' gunna' call it?

Cute, but nah, I'm done naming things. It clearly "is what it is"... I can barely name my own compositions these days. I have about 15 that I just cannot work out if I can be bothered to call them anything... Autechre random hitting of keyboard?

Anyway Glad you like the design. Mix of accident and what I already had. I decided bevels a la pink triangle PT TOO were a theme I would run with, while everyone is going all blobby and curvy I decided a return to angularity and bevels was in order, simplifies a lot of things and reduces waste.

It has immense torque, Triple banded subplatter... I could have bought a record player but where is the fun in that?

apapyjy5.jpg

This was what I made... That was the v3 controller, an OSC usb control surface fire performing with...

a8uzuhah.jpg

This is what I made second

e9ezygan.jpg

The deets are in /diy it kept me out of trouble and not getting into circular arguments

I like the finish on the series 5 arms quite a lot, the shiny series 4 I have is nice but its a bit high maintenance if you are smudge sufferer.

I like the finish on the series 5 arms quite a lot, the shiny series 4 I have is nice but its a bit high maintenance if you are smudge sufferer.

I agree, I diy'd an arm tube, polished and drilled to the AM recipe but the bare metal didn't stay shiny for long.

Mine (on the right) is a couple of years old and is still looking as new.

The other one's recently been upgraded with the Micrometer VTA, just a week out of service, great service from Jeff. Sounds bloody good too ;-)

advertisement

Back