advertisement

Thunderbirds are go on ITV.Not

We went to a Thunderbirds themed fancy dress party last night. I went the whole hog, had my hair dyed, and got a costume to look like Virgil.

My wife just put a green coat on and went as Thunderbird two.

I saw about 2 minutes of it. Hated it. Maybe if you weren't brought up on the original it was better but I'd rather have iffy puppets & scratchy film than that cgi stuff.
Stingray, Joe 90, Thunderbirds, UFO, rose tinted glasses time!
Matt.

Guess it's not aimed at the likes of us anyway. I'm 60 and loved the original series (got them on DVD too) but I thought yesterday's was ok for a modern audience.
Certainly better than the 2004 film at any rate.

Mick

Went to a Thunderbirds themed fancy dress party last night. I went the whole hog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Supercar and all that followed. It was rubbish at the time, but often it was more interesting rubbish than all the other rubbish on kids TV.

Put it in context.

Strange Eastern European animations of silhouettes.

Even stranger Polish stop motion things about lonely potatoes, with soundtrack of a wowing and fluttering Ocarina.

Kids 'Drama', almost always featuring the ubiquitous Melvyn Hayes.. in 'The Tinder Box, or 'The Silver Trumpet'.

Imported moralising US shite like 'Fury' (clever horse) 'Lassie' (clever dog) 'Champion' (Clever + 'Wonder' horse)

The animals were cleverer than the US folk. Draw your own conclusions.

Throw in 'Skippy' ....

Things were bad..........

It's all relative.

[YOUTUBE]CD96RQ1-wnY[/YOUTUBE]

Mull

They had David Graham on Radio 6 who voiced Parker and other characters. I dont know if it was to build up interest for this new show or just a bit of nostalgia

I havent seen this new one. I think there is room for a good remake but this may not be it judging from some of the reactions.

I would like to see a proper remake with real actors. Im quite happy as long as they dont mess around with the look of Thunderbird 2 :)

They had David Graham on Radio 6 who voiced Parker and other characters. I dont know if it was to build up interest for this new show or just a bit of nostalgia

I havent seen this new one. I think there is room for a good remake but this may not be it judging from some of the reactions.

I would like to see a proper remake with real actors. Im quite happy as long as they dont mess around with the look of Thunderbird 2 :)
David used to do Parker and Lady Penelope.

I remember Supercar and all that followed. It was rubbish at the time, but often it was more interesting rubbish than all the other rubbish on kids TV.

Put it in context.

Strange Eastern European animations of silhouettes.

Even stranger Polish stop motion things about lonely potatoes, with soundtrack of a wowing and fluttering Ocarina.

Kids 'Drama', almost always featuring the ubiquitous Melvyn Hayes.. in 'The Tinder Box, or 'The Silver Trumpet'.

Imported moralising US shite like 'Fury' (clever horse) 'Lassie' (clever dog) 'Champion' (Clever + 'Wonder' horse)

The animals were cleverer than the US folk. Draw your own conclusions.

Throw in 'Skippy' ....

Things were bad..........

It's all relative.

[YOUTUBE]CD96RQ1-wnY[/YOUTUBE]

Mull
You must be knocking on a hundred now if you thought everything after Supercar was rubbish.
Canadian kids that had a real fort.
The Australian kids that that built a fort in the bush called Tin Town.
The magic boomerang.
Doctor Who
Batman.
The Man from U.N.C.L.E

My 6 year old didn't complain and he's watched and loved all the previous episodes on DVD.

You must be knocking on a hundred now if you thought everything after Supercar was rubbish.
Canadian kids that had a real fort.
The Australian kids that that built a fort in the bush called Tin Town.
The magic boomerang.
Doctor Who
Batman.
The Man from U.N.C.L.E

What's that Skippy?

tk tk tk tkkk tk tkk

Someone's fallen down the well?

I lasted 5 minutes, very poor. Loved all the earliersstuff, Fireball XL5, Supercar, space patrol. I had a die cast Supercar when I was a lad, I expect it would be worth a few bob if I had kept it.

advertisement

Back