advertisement

Thread for Random But Worthwhile Links

The story of the British navy's most ignominious defeat when we basically managed to beat ourselves in such an embarrassing manner we kept it secret for decades.

Left for dead with the advent of CDs in the 1980s, vinyl records are now the music industry’s most popular and highest-grossing physical format, with fans choosing it for collectibility, sound quality or simply the tactile experience of music in an age of digital ephemerality. After growing steadily for more than a decade, LP sales exploded during the pandemic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/arts/music/vinyl-records-delays.html (Soft (?) Paywall).

Any take on whether the guy really has an AI that acts like this, as opposed to just an internet story about one?

He's using Open AI which can certainly can do what he is claiming and is also free which helps. Obviously what he does is for entertainment and there is a certain amount of poetic licence involved but it seems to be a real project.

He's using Open AI which can certainly can do what he is claiming and is also free which helps. Obviously what he does is for entertainment and there is a certain amount of poetic licence involved but it seems to be a real project.
I really want to know if the AI really expressed bitter resentment and invited him in to cook him.

It appears that artificial intelligence has now gone far beyond the stage of playing chess, bumping vacuum cleaners around rooms, crashing Teslas into pretty much anything, and is now capable of creating exactly the shrimp horse centaur of one’s worst nightmares (Twitter). This really is something special. It is impossible to unsee.

PS More AI WTF here DALL.E 2, and here imagen.research.google

To follow-up my above post; the Shrimpataur is far from the only bonkers achievement of AI at present. This technology is absolutely on a role at present, the Twitter Dalle2Pics is off the scale. All science fiction up to this point is clearly wrong, our future robot overlords will be absolutely batshit crazy. I for one welcome this future.

PS Follow my first Twitter link too, she posts some totally bonkers and wonderful AI creations. I’m astonished the technology can parse such simple sentences into tangible if often crazy stuff. Just so far beyond my IT understanding but truly fascinating. And very funny.

More Dalle (Twitter). This time bringing its magic to various corporate logos etc. I want to live on a planet designed entirely by AI.

PS We may need a Dalle/AI thread.

Have we had this one yet?

http://www.crapgraffiti.com/

huge-disco-tits_1410558634.jpg

My Google news feed keeps showing me 'life hacks' (when did such things become 'hacks'). They are usually accompanied by Tick-tock is amazed etc etc. 99% of them are either wrong, stupid, or a statement of the bleeding obvious. I think this one falls into the middle category:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1643888/fuel-saving-tips-hack-hypermiling-ifl

So my top tip for better fuel consumption is not add more weight by carrying extra water, but keep a helium balloon in your car. This will rise to the roof and lift the car a bit, effectively reducing the weight, so better fuel consumption....

My Google news feed keeps showing me 'life hacks' (when did such things become 'hacks'). They are usually accompanied by Tick-tock is amazed etc etc. 99% of them are either wrong, stupid, or a statement of the bleeding obvious. I think this one falls into the middle category

too serious, who cares :cool:

advertisement

Back