advertisement

Thoughts on the Yamaha WXA 50?

Clement Renouf

Hi guys.
I hope you are all keeping well and have enjoyed the festive period.
I bought a WXA 50 locally on Christmas Eve for £200 as my amp was a super old and pretty knackered. I am hoping by early next year to purchase a pair of Harbeths however, what are your thoughts on keeping this my main amp to power the speakers once I do get around to buying some? Is it a decent enough amp or would you recommend getting something else to power them?
Many thanks. :)

Hi guys.
I hope you are all keeping well and have enjoyed the festive period.
I bought a WXA 50 locally on Christmas Eve for £200 as my amp was a super old and pretty knackered. I am hoping by early next year to purchase a pair of Harbeths however, what are your thoughts on keeping this my main amp to power the speakers once I do get around to buying some? Is it a decent enough amp or would you recommend getting something else to power them?
Many thanks. :)
Take your time, see what you think. I’ve a WXC-50, and it sounds pretty good as a pre amp compared to my naim set up.

Nice little thing, very flexible and great sound IMHO. You’ll just have to see how it handles your choice of speakers but should be fine. If you needed more ooomph, switch it to pre amp mode and add a bigger power amp.

advertisement

Back