Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Sugden a21a and speaker matching.

Discussion in 'audio' started by Sugarman, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Sugarman

Sugarman Active Member

I tried the slabs, no difference whatsoever.

2. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Like I said, YMMV and often a lot with this. For me the difference was way bigger than the difference between using an SET and a Krell!!

3. Sugarman

Sugarman Active Member

In between fierce hard work, I've managed to grab moments with the 140s/Suggie, and I'm very happy so far, they do seem significantly better than the ANJs, I've been playing mainly jazz, so not sure how they'll deal more demanding fare, but have really been enjoying these. The ANJs were a revelation with jazz when I first heard them, but these seem to better them.

4. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Those little Sugden amps are magical, some speakers will reveal it more than others but they remain magical anyway.

5. Gza

Gza pfm Member

aye, auditioned a naim supernait 3, some rega top of the line and the sugden a21 & a21se.liked the sugden amps the most. The naim and rega amps were really good but there was something about the sugden amps.

6. Sugarman

Sugarman Active Member

I'm really enjoying the Proacs now, think I'll offload my Audionote Js, took a bit of searching, but the Proacs are as kind with Jazz as the J's, yet have more scale and insight. They also present rock better than the Js, basically good all rounders, which is absolutely how a speaker should be.

Amormusic, James Evans and gavreid like this.