advertisement

Thoughts on Sugden a21a and speaker matching.

Paving slabs under speakers was the worst "upgrade" I ever tried! The effect was not subtle and completely killed the sound, with my then speakers and room of course. Made my KEF Ref 105/3's sound like a ghetto blaster!

Paving slabs under speakers was the worst "upgrade" I ever tried! The effect was not subtle and completely killed the sound, with my then speakers and room of course. Made my KEF Ref 105/3's sound like a ghetto blaster!

So I guess you already have a concrete floor?
As I have a wooden floor (1st floor tenement) I use granite bases beneath my speaker stands.

So I guess you already have a concrete floor?
As I have a wooden floor (1st floor tenement) I use granite bases beneath my speaker stands.

It was in a previous home which had floorboards. Bass went down as if there were tone controls and set to max bass cut, dynamics also went.
I'm sure results will vary hugely depending on the speaker, coupling of speaker to stone slabs, coupling of that to floor, type of floor etc etc.

Like I said, YMMV and often a lot with this. For me the difference was way bigger than the difference between using an SET and a Krell!!

Those little Sugden amps are magical, some speakers will reveal it more than others but they remain magical anyway.

aye, auditioned a naim supernait 3, some rega top of the line and the sugden a21 & a21se.liked the sugden amps the most. The naim and rega amps were really good but there was something about the sugden amps.

advertisement

Back