advertisement

[IC] Thorens TD160 turntable

AnilS

pfm Member
Purely IC at this stage.

This is my late uncle's turntable (more items to follow, including a reel to reel).

I can get pictures up tomorrow.

It plays fine and in very nice condition but it needs a little TLC, namely:

1. A new belt.
2. The suspension works fine but sounds creaky when I push down on the platter.
3. No lid, as it was removed when housed in his custom made cabinet and unable to find it now.

It sounds very nice and has a Shure M95ED cartridge (of unknown age).

Collection would be from Bromsgrove (B61)

Thoughts appreciated.

Pictures.

£100 collected (no offers) from Bromsgrove (B61).

8Cm1Dys.jpg

NbBvmcj.jpg

zSt089a.jpg

Yes - suspension on Thorens decks is relatively easy to set up. If the deck is creaking the springs need aligning. Grommets might have hardened and need replacing, but all straightforward fun! There is very little to go wrong with these decks and nothing that can’t be fixed with a little TLC. You won’t find a more bargain-tastic TD160!

Didn't I reply on here, before them though-? (I don't see any other 'yes pls' replies or 'pm you' mssgs above).

As we're both senior members you could've been paid yesterday (& surely a few days wait to collect not much to ask).

Capt

Didn't I reply on here, before them though-? (I don't see any other 'yes pls' replies or 'pm you' mssgs above).

As we're both senior members you could've been paid yesterday (& surely a few days wait to collect not much to ask).

Capt
I got a couple of separate PMs, independent of this thread @The Captain, directly to me from PFM members.

They didn't want to publicise on the thread.

Apologies if that's upset you.

advertisement

Back