advertisement

This is quality you can afford

I I worked at naim and got all the stuff at cost, I'd certainly fit a fascia, Nadi, rear label, switch etc.

Has anybody ever seen a staff build in that sort of condition?
Never ever seen one leave the factory in that condition before. All staff builds are to the full finish. Maybe, just maybe because it was used in a studio it may have been knocked about a bit so the switch and fascia get banged first and it was only a matter of time before the display went. I think an internal pic would help as even if was a prototype the only new amp that size based on that sled would have been the 180.

Mark.

Seems its a bashed about staff build. Its worth £123 for the parts alone. The mains switch has been bypassed , maybe Naim were looking into the effect of doing that on sound quality and that wire visible through the hole is the signal cable to the amp board.

I think the issue is, why would anyone bother. Why did such a valuable part of Naim's history end up as such a dog. It's like a penny black torn in half, or a Ming vase with a bit missing........a rolls royce with a jaguar radiator grill.

Or a Morris Minor.....with the wrong hubcaps.:rolleyes:

OK I might have been wrong

Of course a real staff build would have had a special number scratched under where the transformer is bolted down amd two little round orange stickers. That would have clinched it.

Lets see if he relists it with a picture of that.

advertisement

Back