advertisement

This is only for those who think the mains can make a difference...

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/francktchang/resonators_4.html

"But the strangest -- and for the likes of James Randi & Co. most nonsensical -- places to put a resonator was still to come. Franck asked where the refrigerator was. He placed a resonator inside on the bottom ledge."

I must admit, my system sounded so much better when he put the resonator in that fridge. I always wondered why I got a massive upgrade 'out of the blue'. Now I know why.
Well worth reading the whole review. Priceless (well actually about $5000 minimum).

Trouble is, every time he opens his fridge door my system goes off song :(

....and you are, how many miles apart?

I tell you, it’s that bl00dy butterfly in India again. One flap of its wings and the next thing you know is a hurricane hitting the continental US.

Thats why I follow the pro audio route. A 25 Sq mm LF-329 cable, from meter to dedicated consumer unit, then 16 Sq mm LF-329 to a Gewiss 32A plug and socket into a 6 KVA balanced transformer with RCCB`s into individual 2 pole MCB`s 10Ka types.
Power galore, safe and reliable and totally independent from mains fluctuations. Listen any time of day no problem.
Not a useless piece of Foo anywhere here ;)
Hi Alex

Do you simply connect the screen and earth cores throughout your mains system, or do you have some sort of separate technical earth as recommended by Philip Giddings and Philip Newell?

Cheers. Bill

I was particularly fascinated by this sentence: "Among their products is a line of bioenergetic 'chips', which they programmed to improve the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission in all audio and video devices."

Bioenergetics dictionary defintion: the study of the transformation of energy in living organisms.

I wonder what you have to feed the living organisms to keep them alive?

Hi Alex

Do you simply connect the screen and earth cores throughout your mains system, or do you have some sort of separate technical earth as recommended by Philip Giddings and Philip Newell?

Cheers. Bill

Hi Bill,
To keep to the regulations in the UK the earth and screen are connected to the mains earth.

However, to optimise the technical earth, I have the balanced transformer case earthed and the transformer centre taps connected to the case, which provides the central point for all the other earth returns.

So what I have would be a line to the central earth point to the case, and all earths from the audio system connected to the case which is my central central earth point.

Hi Alex

Thanks. How do you deal with the yellow/green core and the screen at each end of your LF-329 cables? Are they connected together at both ends, or just the source or sink ends?

Cheers. Bill

Hi Alex

Thanks. How do you deal with the yellow/green core and the screen at each end of your LF-329 cables? Are they connected together at both ends, or just the source or sink ends?

Cheers. Bill
Hi Bill,
The green and yellow earth cable is connected both ends to the screen,
KR Alex.

Hi Bill,
The green and yellow earth cable is connected both ends to the screen,
KR Alex.
Thanks Alex

Did you consider attaching the screen to the green/yellow cable at the source end only for each cable?

Was your approach driven by the regs?

Cheers. Bill

I was particularly fascinated by this sentence: "Among their products is a line of bioenergetic 'chips', which they programmed to improve the efficiency of current flow and signal transmission in all audio and video devices."

Bioenergetics dictionary defintion: the study of the transformation of energy in living organisms.

I wonder what you have to feed the living organisms to keep them alive?

Fooburghers.

Thanks Alex

Did you consider attaching the screen to the green/yellow cable at the source end only for each cable?

Was your approach driven by the regs?

Cheers. Bill

I must confess I didn't give it much thought. I wire my balanced interconnects with the screen connected both ends, and couldn't see any reason not to do the same with the mains screen.
I have taken it down at the moment because I need to hide it underneath the corner bass traps which will need some carving out to give the cables room. If there is any reason to just connect it to the source only, please let me know, and I will try it that way.
KR, Alex.

This could be useful for swingers party's though at 1500 Euro's is a little minty.
highend_novum_pmr-1000.png

Peter Belt's wife Mary used to have some earrings like that didn't she?

Has this thread drifted into very dangerous territory? Someone could get killed pissing about with mains.

Not to mention: I would bet that gadget would give most household insurance companies sufficient grounds (no pun intended) to reject any remotely related claim.

advertisement

Back