advertisement

"this drummer is at the wrong gig"

But that's the whole joke - whether he's flailing madly all over the place, playing normal, doing minimal 'robot' drumming or flinging his sticks around the beat remains rock solid and constant, and the right one for the song. A remarkably good drummer IMO.

Tony.

Oh he's certainly entertaining to watch there, I completely agree. It's impressive that he stays solid throughout. I just found his (and the band's) take on the song boring to *listen* to, when I think listening is the more important point of music. Perhaps the joke wasn't meant for me.

PS he can be found having more fun here.

Now THAT is much more like it, brilliant stuff, a much better choice of video. Cheers, I'll check out some more! :D

But that's the whole joke - whether he's flailing madly all over the place, playing normal, doing minimal 'robot' drumming or flinging his sticks around the beat remains rock solid and constant, and the right one for the song. A remarkably good drummer IMO.

Tony.

PS he can be found having more fun here.

Their cover of "Brown Eyed Girl" is mildly amusing too, at least these tunes make it obvious that it's all a schtick.

They seem fun.

I like the keyboard player in the other band as well. Just what Brian Eno would have looked like if he was constantly worried what "nice girl" his parents will be introducing him to next.

And that retro 80s jacket over t shirt thing. I miss that. Some sleeve rolling wouldn't have gone amiss.

advertisement

Back