advertisement

This could catch on

Good idea. The bastards in charge will call it an illegal protest if it happens in the run up to a GE.

Either that or Nick Clegg will bob up from the bottom of the pan holding Davey's gonad's and drag us into another Cond'em fvckup.

It does say something about how badly broken the electoral system is, and how unpopular the Tories are, that people would put so much effort into effectively running a first-round poll just to get around the systemic bias towards the Tories.

However, this bias mostly exists because there is no other conservative party challenging for the same voter block in the way that LibDem and Labour do. A decision by the Ukip Brexit Reform Party (Ltd) to stand in Tory marginal seats could be the biggest change in the UK electoral landscape. Even a tiny shift of votes to Reform would allow LibDem or Labour to unseat the Tory MP in many constituencies.

I'm not knocking it, but as soon as I saw it I thought, Totnes! Lovely place (we live in Plymouth), but it is also conspiracy theory central.
I will be interested to see if it takes off.

advertisement

Back