advertisement

Third party power supplies

Hi everyone.
My current set up includes an Auralic Aries streamer connected to a Chord M Scaler and Hugo TT2. Looking at the Teddy Pardo website I've noticed that he makes power supplies for each of these three components. I was wondering whether they may be worth giving a go and I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts and experiences with third party power supplies. I did have a Qutest that worked very well with a separate power supply (S Booster).
Many thanks Paul.

Reactions: ask
I have used TP supplies for my 4TB hard drive and a USB-spdif converter. I found them reliable and a benefit to the system.

Thanks for the reply. More boxes I know but seem relatively good value for money. Already have the MB100 mono power amps and love them.

I used a TP psu with a squeezebox touch. It lowered the noise floor and just made instruments sound more real.

I’m well known here for being a TP fanboi so some will not be surprised by the above. The upside of Teddy’s products is the no-quibble return. The downside is that if it’s not for you then reclaiming the vat could be a headache.

Hi Paul,

I think TP gear is well made. I used one of his XPS's to power the Naim DAC I owned at the time. Improved the SQ.

I use a battery to power my M-Scaler, positive effect.

I am doubtful of powering the TT2 as it runs off an internal battery that is charged by its PSU. If you try this please publish your findings.

When powering up the Hugo it displays "CHG" that I've assumed means capacitors. So should a separate power supply make a difference? Don't enough about the science to really have an opinion but TP must think there is mileage in selling one. I'm going to give it a go since there is a returns policy. Really appreciate the input from everyone.

Hi everyone.
My current set up includes an Auralic Aries streamer connected to a Chord M Scaler and Hugo TT2. Looking at the Teddy Pardo website I've noticed that he makes power supplies for each of these three components. I was wondering whether they may be worth giving a go and I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts and experiences with third party power supplies. I did have a Qutest that worked very well with a separate power supply (S Booster).
Many thanks Paul.
Seems to be lots of good reports about TP products

advertisement

Back