advertisement

Things to do in York with kids?

Not sure if it is entirely suitable for kids, the last time we were in York the most surprising thing was Fairfax House. The house was just right.

walk the walls, railway museum, boat trip, open top bus, jorvic. (oh my niece loved the railway Museum)

stck the kids in a creche and go to York brewery and brew York taproom

The chocolate story is expensive for what it is but the kids will enjoy it. If you're planning on going to the Minster better get yourself along to your bank for a loan, think it's about £16 each if you want to do the minster and the tower! The evening ghost tours are fun if your kids like to be frightened .....

This is the most unkid-oriented list of things to do ever....museums, more museums, some architecture, afternoon tea, stately homes, a walk, pubs, breweries.

A boat trip and open top bus ride aren't going to swing this one back. Where's the soft play centre, McDonalds, pillow fight in the hotel room every evening, movies til midnight with the vintage sweets they got from The York Sweet Shop, big slide and wooden play equipment at York Maze, 3 visits to the Luxury Ice Cream Company, York Motorsports for some go karting, tree climbing at the Web Adventure Park, Pizza Hut......

This is the most unkid-oriented list of things to do ever....museums, more museums, some architecture, afternoon tea, stately homes, a walk, pubs, breweries.

nonsense- we have taken our Niece and Nephew to York twice now, and did all the stuff I listed, and they loved it. In fact we never planned on two visits, but they loved the first so much they nagged and nagged we took them back a 2nd time. On the first visit they were 11 and 12, and the second 13 and 14. Now they are 15 and 16 and still talk about the visits fondly.

Where's the soft play centre, McDonalds, pillow fight in the hotel room every evening, movies til midnight with the vintage sweets they got from The York Sweet Shop, big slide and wooden play equipment at York Maze, 3 visits to the Luxury Ice Cream Company, York Motorsports for some go karting, tree climbing at the Web Adventure Park, Pizza Hut......

my niece and Nephew would hate that

nonsense- we have taken our Niece and Nephew to York twice now, and did all the stuff I listed, and they loved it. In fact we never planned on two visits, but they loved the first so much they nagged and nagged we took them back a 2nd time. On the first visit they were 11 and 12, and the second 13 and 14. Now they are 15 and 16 and still talk about the visits fondly.
8 and 12 years old is where we are.

Have you ever been to York ?
Lol, my business partner lost his 595 Competizione after a night out in York. Up to the door handles in the hotel car park it was. I suggested it might have actually improved the electrics.

It's only 30 miles from my home village, so we have spent dozens of days and nights out there over the years....so far no floods for me!

the collection of you suggestions in totality - I concede the ice cream bit, as I would be first in the queue

It's mainly been said but my 10 year old daughter would/has enjoyed.

City cruise on the ouse - one that lasts 45 mins is enough
Walk from Bootham barto Monk Bar on the bar walls - this takes in the Minster and some superb views - again its not too long.
Railway museum is superb and not just for boys
The Shambles and explain why it's called that - kids love a bt of gore!

advertisement

Back